Shameless - does anyone watch it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ann-Marie, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Do any of you watch Shameless (Channel 4, Tuesdays)? I know its a very strange programme and I can assure you that the majority of families in Manchester ARE NOT like that!

The reason I am posting this is that no one in the office can work out what the woman who plays Frank's agraphobic girlfriend was in before. Can anyone help before we all get carted off by the men in white coats! :shock:
  2. Dan

Dan Member

Shameless is Brilliant!!

Was she in London's Burning?
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

:p Top show is Shameless. Not certain what else the female character was in. We were asking the same around the office but nobody new!

Must admit, whilst I appreciate it may not reflect Manchester life, certainly has given me some ammo for me to throw at my mate up there!
  4. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Bit different to what we narrowed it down to - Emmerdale?!! We remember her being a little bit unhinged in whatever it was if that helps any?

I will see if London's Burning jogs anyone's memory though!
  5. Dan

Dan Member

6. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

That is her - Emmerdale / Peak Practice - near enough. Both filmed up in t'hills.

MASSIVE THANKS from everyone in the office. Normal service can now be resumed (i.e looking on websites other than Emmerdale and Shameless :roll: )!
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i watched it once because it was based in stretford... then was very disappointed that it was filmed somewhere else entirely!
  8. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Yes, it's filmed just off Hyde Road just after the junction with Alan Turing Way. I recognised it from one of the shots which had the Fujitsu Building in the background.
  9. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Pure brilliant entertainment is Shameless
    and i'm sure there is worse famliy's about!
  10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

never heard of it...
  11. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

It's very bizarre but entertaining. By the same bloke who wrote Clocking Off and Linda Green. Obviously these were both on BBC but Shameless has ended up on Channel 4. As those of you who watch it will know, I suspect that this is to prevent Royal Mail having to employ triple the staff to deliver the letters of complaint to Points of View :shock:
  12. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

I havent really watched much of this show myself, but as a piece of useless trivia in next weeks episode 2 people from our band are extra's in the show and will apparantly appear around 2/3rds the way through the episode.
    Apparantly they were the best dressed people there as the main cast were in fairly shabby costumes!
    Look out for a couple both of advanced age (I won't say old else they'll kill me!). :p
  13. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Another English series I'll never watch?

When I saw the title I figured it must've been one of those reality dating shows!!