SEWBBA June meeting

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by boover, May 23, 2006.

1. boover

boover Member

The South East Wales Brass Band Association June meeting will take place in Tongwynlais band Hall on Wednesday June 7th at 7.00pm. This meeting is probably one of the poorest attended of the year for the association. Next time you are posting exciting new ideas or arguments about the state of banding in south wales, it's contests, on the European debate!, have a think where you could have aired your views best to actually make some change to the future of banding in Wales!

Just remember if there is no opposition then there is no change............think about it! (as a respected conductor/Adjudicator would have said)

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Do you feel it would be worth tMP officially attending..?? or does one have to be a fully paid up member of SEWBBA to attend?

3. boover

boover Member

I believe you only have to be a member of SEWBBA to 'vote' at the meeting. Interpret that as you will ;)

4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Any chance of arranging a video link up???? just dont fancy the 4 hour trip to Ton...still a transcipt of the tmp wales / euro threads will explain a lot of the problems we have here in wales and how to fix them...better still a south east wales tmp'r ( like Mr Music Man ) would be even better...

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  5. TheMusicMan

Not so difficult to do nowadays Nick eh. There's no reason this couldn't be arranged, or at least arrange voice coverage via netmeeting etc.

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

No it's not difficult to arrange , does ton bandroom have video /audio link facilities? last time we were down there was rehersing for Porthcawl in 2003

7. TheMusicMan

Never been there... so I am not sure sorry Nick.

8. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Thanks John , I have been there in 2003 but can't remember if there is a phone or ISDN line in the bandroom. does anyone have a date for the welsh region AGM?

9. boover

boover Member

sorry......no phone or ISDN........ The hall hasn't entered the 21st century i'm afraid. Nice Idea though.