Serevent Inhaler side effects

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by iancwilx, May 7, 2015.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Has anyone on here suffered any side effects from taking the Serevent or any other asthma inhaler such as missed heart beats or any other cardiac irregularity ?

~ Mr Wilx
  2. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Mr Wilx
    Cardiac Nurse checking in. Serevent can indeed provoke arrythmias . I'm not a Dr so would advise a word with your GP , Respiratory Physician or Pharmacist.
  3. David Evans

David Evans Member

Hi, Serevent alone is most unlikely to cause arrythmias, just a slight increase in heart rate, however other acute treatments for Asthma may do because they are so powerful and effective but it is a small price to pay to avoid death. Other more long term treatments may have indirect ways of contributing to occasional arrythmias. Dropped or missed beats are normal anyway and paradoxically the fitter you are the more likely you are to have them or indeed notice them. Despite their weird sensation you won't die.
  4. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Thanks for the reassurances guys. Combining your excellent and qualified advice with the info from my AFib clinic I can now make considered decisions.
    All the comments have been most helpful.

~ Mr Wilx
  5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The worst effect for me has been a very dry mouth, though I have noticed occasional 'palpitations' when I have accidentally overdosed!

Glad you're still with us Mr Wilx!
  6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yes, that's exactly my experience Mike. The Doc says I have to continue with it though even though I never seem to suffer any asthma symptoms at all, not for years in fact. Anyway, I'll do as I'm told ( for once) and keep up my daily doses. I'm pretty chipper at present, long may it continue.
    I must say I really like the new revamped TMP web page, it has actually boosted my flagging interest in the forum. We just need to weed out the trolls and trouble causers and get some friendly interesting debates going. The "Like" option is a brilliant innovation.
  7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I only really use mine before (if I remember) or when I am struggling when playing. 31 years of smoking took their toll and all those fags are now catching up on mw via COPD. I, too am quite pleased, although it initially came as a bit of a shock - I'd been on holiday and missed the news. Typical! The 'Like' button is something that has been needed for a few years. Well done to the chaps who did the upgrade. It seems to be an excellent job! :)