September 2009 All Brass Band Radio Top 20

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DocFox, Oct 1, 2009.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Here is the Top 20 list for Sept 2009 as voted on by listeners of the All Brass Bands internet radio station ( www.allbrassradio.com )

1. Highland Cathedral - The Household Troops Band - Trailblazers
    2. Fanfare For A Jubilee - Black Dyke - Fanfares, Preludes and Themes
    3. Leichte Kavallerie - Black Dyke Band - Fantastic Overtures Vol. 3
    4. On The Quarter Deck - The BT Band - Celebration!
    5. Mars The Bringer of War - Black Dyke Mills Band - The Planets
    6. Overture to Tommy - Kirkintilloch Band - Angels and Demons
    7. The Great Escape - Grimethope Colliery Band - Best of Grimethorpe
    8. Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines - Black Dyke Band - Black Dyke Plays Greatest Movie Hits
    9. The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Sun Life Band - Avondale
    10. Finale From The New World Symphony -Black Dyke Band - 150 Years of Black Dyke Mills Band

11. A Space Odyssey - Stonesfield Silver Band - Magic of the Movies
    12. Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn (Philip Sparke) -Brass Band Northwest - Sparks Fly (Live)
    13. Jupiter The Bringer of Jollity - Black Dyke Mills Band - The Planets
    14. Aubade - Staines Brass Band - Aubade
    15. Toccata from Organ Symphony No. 5 (Widor) - Black Dyke Band - Essential Dyke Volume VIII
    16. The Chonicles Of Narnia - Brassband De Bazuin Oenkerk
    17. Flying Mallets - Fodens Richardson Band - Patrons' Choice
    18. Olympic Fanfare and Theme - The Household Troops Band - The Household Troops Band
    19. Celtic Fire - Foden's Richardson Band - Ghost Train
    20. Aspects of Adiemus (Adiemus) - Cory Band - Enter the Galaxies

This month was DOMINATED by tracks by Black Dyke. A little known American band (Brassband Northwest) made the top 20 for the first time with a Philip Sparke tune.

The Household Troops Salvation Army band had the top spot and two in the top 20 from the same album.

The playlist has about 550 tracks. 315 tracks got votes this month. That to me was amazing. I have one sponsor who literally saved the station. This is great because listenership is at an all time high.

The sponsor that helped so much is www.PDFBrass.com Supporting them is supporting the station. I could use one to three more sponsors. Without sponsors the station, of course, is always in danger of dying.

Contact me (Jim Fox) with a PM is interested in a sponsorship. I know we are in a recession so deals can be made.

7 new CDs are on their way. New tunes will be added soon and Christmas tracks added in December.

Cheers,

Jim