Sending a Word Document as an Attachment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Computer whizzes - your chance to shine here...

I tried to send a Word Document as an attachment, by using the option on the file drop down menu.

The email opened up OK, but there is no "send" button.

I can't find it - anyone got any ideas?

Will the Pebcak
  2. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Which program are you using? or are you trying to do this through tMP or even through a website (hotmail, etc.)
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Will, are you attaching a file to a tMP post or an email? If you're attaching here - if you go to the "manage attachments" button at the bottom of your reply window, browse to find the right file, click "upload" and wait until it's finished, click the "close window" button and when you submit, hey presto! it's there!!!

As I did with this one...
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Mr woodenflugel...I can read it (although my name isn't Will) it worked ;)!
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Should have said.... Windows XP; Office 2000, trying to send from within word....

I need some sleep...
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Will, it all depends on what email client you have under the 'Programs' option of Control Panel/Internet Options - the client you have listed there is the one that Word will attempt to use to send the mail - regardless if this is the program you yourself use for email. You need to check what client is listed in the CP and make sure if it's a different one that you select the one you use.
  7. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Some mail systems also block attachments over a certain size (receive or send) or with certain file extensions. For example, when I am at work I cannot receive MS Office files, .exe, .com, etc from outside our internal network because the mail system blocks them (a part of the system defenses against viruses and worms). I can send those files to outside addresses, but only when the size is less than 2Mb (aggregate of all attachments plus the body of the message).