Semi Nude Band Calendars anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

A suggestion that pops up in a committee meeting every so often and indeed has made disconcerting progress in our own although resistance may be met!

If it was your Band would you;
    a) Agree to be one of the models?
    b) Buy a calendar?
    c) Think it the wrong image for your band?
    d) Depend upon the sex of the models?
    e) Depend on the attractiveness of the models?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Semi Nude Band Calendars
    models
    committee meeting
    wrong image
    disconcerting progress
  3. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

I think it's a great idea, but I don't know if the world's ready for me to bare even a few of my credentials just yet...! ;)

4. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I'd be happy to get my maracas out in the name of banding.
    Sadly however, I fear our usual audience may not be too keen to part with their cash to see them.

I guess if there were separate calendars for each sex with above average looking models, then there might be a chance of selling a few to the usual pervs (i.e. me), but I can't see that it'll have much to do with banding.

That said - there are bound to be a number of banding girlies I'd like to see with their brass bits out.

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

If it was your Band would you;
    a) Agree to be one of the models? YES YES YES, tackle out, don't eat your lunch before viewing. :biggrin:
    b) Buy a calendar? YES
    c) Think it the wrong image for your band? NO
    d) Depend upon the sex of the models? NO
    e) Depend on the attractiveness of the models? NO, (maybe as well I was in it :oops:)

6. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

what he said

7. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

So you guys are saying that you'd happily buy a calendar - and assumingly display it - of both lovely ladies and hairy bottomed fella's?

I can see the novelty value of a calendar of this nature, but surely mixed calendars would limit your sales potential?
    Bands should make one of each and sell them together as a family gift pack! ;)

8. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I would say a big fat NO!!! There are some things/people that should NEVER EVER be seen naked....EVER!

9. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

That's certainly true - but I bet there's a few you'd like to see............... :tongue:

10. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

well maybe...but that'd be telling.....;)

11. Columbo

Columbo Member

We'll do it if Trinity Girls Go First!!

Only Kidding Ladies!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Semi Nude Band Calendars
    models
    committee meeting
    wrong image
    disconcerting progress
  13. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

So thats the first part of Thursday nights band practice sorted then.

14. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I think it's a bloomin' brilliant idea!

It may just be the incentive I need to get off my a*se and go back to the gym......I'm all for it!

This thread is just screaming out for a list of the bands(men in my case!) we'd like to see on the calendar, isn't it?!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  15. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

not a chance!!

16. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

No alluring broom in the calendar then!! Shame!!

17. joker66

joker66 Member

Having done one of these calendars for my boss' retirement last year I would do this, providing it was tastefully done.

I know a bass player that has had his photo taken already (remember Butlins 'Howard')

Liz

18. bbg

bbg Member

How about a tMP calendar? We could all send in pics of good looking models, claim that they were us........................'cos the majority of those of us on here haven't actually met each other, who's to know????

19. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

semi nude with a tuba
    thats fully clothed!!

20. If you people could see the guys in my band, you would not even ask.

21. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Better still, have yourselves a fun day out. If there were enough people who would seriously consider doing this - I can get hold of a studio for a day or half-day, and I'd be happy to take the shots, then I'd be happy to put together the calendar and sell from here on tMP - with some % going to the models or bands who provide the models.

Would take some organising, but if this were to take off (excuse the pun!!) now is the time to get it started.

??

22. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

A naked day out?? Am shocked!!;)