Sellers International Youth Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by JCCL, Nov 24, 2009.

1. JCCL

JCCL New Member

Under new MD, Alex Kerwin Sellers Youth are looking to recruit new players especially euphonium, trombone and tuba. Players of all standards are welcome. Tuition is available for beginners. Sensible commitment level. Very friendly band.

For more informatiion contact Alex on 07545353498 or email alexandra.kerwin@sky.com.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sellers International Youth Band
    MD
    Alex Kerwin Sellers Youth
    alexandra.kerwin@sky.com
    kerwin
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

New Beginnings

After nearly six months in charge of Sellers International Youth Band, we have recruited lots of new players and started our own training band, called 'Little Acorns'.

Last Sunday the band performed alongside Black Dyke Band, Lions Youth, Delph, Diggle, Hebden Bridge, Newstead Brass and the Kirton Band. The band has a full calendar of events and next year the band will be embarking on a trip to Eurodisney in Paris where the band will perform a couple of concerts and enjoy themselves with Mickey Mouse and others.

We have a brand new website: www.sellersinternationalyouthband.com

Our principal cornet is Jamie Smith, who is also principal cornet of Hammonds Saltaire. The band enjoys social events in and amongst the concerts. We are a friendly bunch and there is ample opportunity to learn more and experience one to one tuition with myself or one of the principals in the band.

Our next engagement is Sunday 4th July at Brighouse March Contest.

In order to ensure the continued progress we are looking to recruit/train some tuba players. We have a full compliment of newly serviced Sovereign tubas ready to be played.

If you would like to come along or you know of anyone that would be suitable please give me a call on 07545353498 or send me an email: alexandra.kerwin@sky.com

If you're not a tuba player but still are interested in joining Sellers International Youth Band you are most welcome. We rehearse on Friday evenings, the training band runs from 4.30pm-5.30pm and the youth band is from 6pm-8pm.

We would love to see you there.

Alex Kerwin