Selkirk Silver Band - Scottish Borders

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Souter, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Souter

Souter Member

Selkirk Silver Band currently have vacancies for B Bass and front row cornet.

We are a friendly, social, 2nd Section Band based an hours drive from Edinburgh, Carlisle, Newcastle & Berwick.

Please PM me on here if interested.

For more information please visit

Players of other instruments will always be made welcome.
  2. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Hi Allan, Hope you are all well and give my regards to the band. Enjoyed my time with you all a couple of years ago. Good luck in March
  3. Souter

Souter Member

Thanks Colin. Hope you are well too. I will pass on your regards to the band.

We still have the 2 vacancies mentioned above.

Further information regards the band if anyone is maybe (hopefully!!!!!) contemplating joining -

We are a busy Band - usually 3 contests a year, 3 major concerts and with being a true Town band - a lot of community gigs. (We DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do standing outside Asda / Tesco etc at Christmas)

Practices are Monday & Thursday 7-9

4. Souter

Souter Member

Selkirk Silver Band (Scottish Borders) urgently require soprano and repiano cornets for the Scottish Championships 26th Feb 2011
    Please PM me on here for further information.
  5. Souter

Souter Member

We still urgently require a Sop & Front Row Cornet player for the Scottish Championships. Please PM me if interested (otherwise I'm going to have to play the Sop!!! and that won't be a pretty sight).