Seeking Yorkshire Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by hornicornet, Aug 20, 2012.

1. hornicornet

hornicornet New Member

Back row cornet player and horn/baritone player looking for a Yorkshire based band from September. (We are based close to M1/M62 so are prepared to travel north/south/east/west etc)
    Have played in all sections before taking a short break from playing. Happy to return to any section/ can sign for contests. Would also consider non contesting bands for the right atmosphere/group of people.

If you can help us please PM.

Regards

Hornicornet

2. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Hi there,

Deepcar Band are an ambitious 4th section band only a few miles from junction 36 of the M1 (postcode area S36), and are currently looking for a Baritone player and a cornet player to help complete our line up.

We rehearse Monday and Friday evenings from 7.15 till 9.15. The band has a great mix of people and has a sensibly balanced list of engagements (concerts and contests) throughout the year. We celebrate our 25th anniversary next year so are hoping to have some exciting ventures lined up, and would be more than happy for you to come and join us. You are welcome to come along to any of our rehearsals either just to listen, or to join in - which ever you feel best with.

The Band is also playing this Sunday at Brodsworth hall (near Barnsley) feel free to pop along to listen and introduce yourselves to us.

If you want anymore info, or to ask anything please either drop me a PM or give me a call on 07767808409, I'm sure there will be many bands for you to choose from in the area you've indicated, but we hope you'd consider us - either way you can always be assured of a warm welcome at Deepcar.

Hope to hear from you soon.

thanks

Lindon

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  3. Dinnington Colliery Band

Hi from Dinnington Colliery Band. We are a 3rd section Band in South Yorkshire off junc 31 M1 or junc 1 M18. We are currently looking for a Repiano cornet and a 2nd Baritone. We have a varied range of players all ages. Our diary is interesting and varied as is our repertoire. Our MD is Jonathan Beatty, a young man who played solo trombone for 15 years with Grimethorpe Colliery Band if you come along and give us a try I am sure you will enjoy the experience. We rehearse on Wednesday evenings 7.30pm to 9.30pm followed by drinks at the pub and Sunday evenings 6pm to 8pm again followed by drinks at the pub, but this time we enter the pub quiz as a band team have a go at 'Play Your Cards Right' and enter the Sunday night draw for £100. We don't pay subs but do a weekly lottery draw (£1 per week) with a chance of winning £25 each. I hope this gives you an idea of what the band personel are like and if you decide you are interested you can contact our Band Manager Joanne on 07967 026277or our Secretary Joan on 01909566594.

4. Hi from Dinnington Colliery Band. We currently require a Repiano and 2nd Baritone. We are an ambitious 3rd section band, our MD is Jonathan Beatty a young man who played solo trombone for 15years with Grimethorpe Colliery Band. We are a mixed group of players with an interesting diary/repertiore. We don't pay subs but we ask that players take part in our weekly lottery draw at the cost of £1 with the chance of winning £25. We rehearse on Wed 87.30pm to 9.30pm followed by drinks at the pub (tea or coffee for non drinkers like myself) and Sun 6pm to 8pm again followed by the pub but this time we enter the quiz followed by Card Bingo ( for a cash prize) finally 'Play Your Cards Right' with the chance to win £100. If you feel like coming along you will be made most welcome our next rehearsal is Sun 26th Aug. or you might like to discuss it with our Band Manager Joanne on 07967026277 or our Secretary Jaon on 01909566594

5. YorkshireBand

YorkshireBand Member

If you would like to try a concert band then the Yorkshire band of the royal British legion has a couple of vacancies. We are in Barnsley just of the M1 and have fun rehearsals and great engagements. We have a couple of ex brass band players who have said that they really enjoy concert band music.

It may be worth just coming for a blow and test us out. Our next two jobs are Harrogate flower show and then Doncaster Minster. Give me a shout if you'd like to know more or see our website at www.ybrbl.com

My number is 07903 553496.

Many thanks

Louise

6. John_D

John_D Member

Hi,
    I've sent you a PM (as per your request). Seats on back row and horn/bari available at Markham Main band near Doncaster.

7. JWcornet

JWcornet Member

Hi

If you haven't already found a band then Lofthouse Brass Band are looking for players. We are a 3rd section band, based just between Wakefield and Leeds. Rehearsals are Thursday nights and Saturday mornings at Lofthouse Methodist Church (approx 5-10 mins from M62, M1 and M621). We do a few contests a year and have a nice variety of concerts.

If you are interested then don't hesitate to contact me on 07776333267.

James Whitaker - Principal cornet.
    www.lofthousebrassband.org.uk