Seeking opportunities in the Dusseldorf area as player or conductor

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Pauli Walnuts, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

I am shortly relocating to Krefeld in Germany and am looking to either join a band as a player (Cornet/Soprano Cornet/Flugel), or as a conductor (I have most recently been the MD of a 3rd section band in the UK and deputy MD of a 2nd section band).Alternatively, if there are any expats or locals in the wider area (Dusseldorf, Moenchengladbach/Krefeld) who are interested in forming a new British style brass band, then interested in that too. (I have my own small library of music to get us started).either PM me or write direct to andy@andywooler.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dusseldorf
    British
    Soprano Cornet
    Germany
    Krefeld
  3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

This might help your search: http://brassbandresults.co.uk/map/s...5341699999958&distance=30.0&driving=N&type=mi . The groups listed might be able to help directly or link you to others who can.
    Good luck

4. Pauli Walnuts

Cheers - I hadn't thought to go there! Sadly, one of the bands is a University/College outfit and the Trinity Brass website is defunct. If anyone has contracts for that band it would be useful as Google can't find them.

5. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Glad it got you started. There is a search function on the map and you could open out the distance to identify 'british' type brass bands. Of course you will end up finding many that are too far to travel to but an explanitary email to their secretary's might well produce some more local contacts /web sites. If you are willing to play in a wind band then there are probably additional playing opportunities open to you. Brass is taught at the local university so maybe 'they' know of local groups that 'they' place their students in, worth a try too.

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

7. Pauli Walnuts

Thanks Dave - the way things are looking I might just have to start a band! You don't have any contacts for the former band at JHQ Rheindahlen do you? It was a band made up of mainly expats and serving military at the time I believe and some must still be in the area.

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Sorry - I'd never heard of it - if I had, it would be on the map!

But if you tell me what it was called, and where it was based, I'll pin it up as an extinct band. Even better if you know what years it was in existence.

9. Pauli Walnuts

I'm sure there must be an ex service person on here who played with the b and - I never saw them but knew of them back when I was out there last in the late 70's

10. gluestick

gluestick Member

Go to Dortmund, they have 7 breweries there. I lost 4 years!