Seeking old Conn bass trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bob Bristol Bass Bone, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Hi folks.
    I am looking to buy an old Conn bass trombone. Ideally a double dependent valved in slide tuning model.
    I do realise these babies on thin on the ground, something like rocking horse poo. Get in touch if you can help me with my quest.
    Email is rwpc1973@yahoo.com
    Cheers.
    Bob

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Conn
    Hi folks.
    @yahoo.com
    Bob
    Email
  3. trombo

trombo Member

Try this on ebay.com "Elkhart Conn 62H Bass Trombone TUNING IN THE SLIDE! QuinnTheEskimo"
    this guy sells classic brass instruments. The Conn 62H in slide tuning is but now at US$3650.00. A guy in the RAF Central band had a Conn 73H for sale on here a abou 12 months ago it was arounf £1500. Or try Dillons music in New Jersey via their website.

Good luck!!

trombo/Steve Ford

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Hi Bob, you tried the 72H / Holton TR180 hybrid I'm selling and decided against it, didn't you?

5. Sorry I didn't get back to you Dave. I am after something that is in a more original state.
    Thanks to trombo for your comment. I would prefer to buy in this country and not worry about shipping.
    If anyone has any leads please get in touch.
    Bob

6. BassBoneMatt

BassBoneMatt Member

Hi Bob, I sent you an email! I have a totally original 1959 Conn 72H for sale.

7. JonP

JonP Member

Just sent an email about a 73H i have for sale.

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

You're not joking about the rocking horse poo! TIS implies 60H or 62H (*). Two valves restricts to the 62H (not that there are many 60Hs at all). Such beasts are jealously guarded by their owners, and a lot less common on this side of the Atlantic than on the other... If I were you I would get in touch with some of the pros in this country that actually play Elkhart 62Hs in the hope that they keep ears to the ground for others in case of a need to replace.

(*) Or the older 70H, of which you already have a modified example.

9. ROBTHEDOG

ROBTHEDOG Member

I think there's one in Derby - Let me ask a few questions..