See you in Darlo?????

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Ste69, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Ok Northern Chaps - Just one week to go, so get your swimming kecks on for a quick dip in the pool at Darlington's Dolphin centre (whilst we're there, we could have a contest as well):D

Who's Going???????

(Last one in's a sweaty sock!!!!!!!!!!):woo
  2. six pints

six pints Active Member

ill pass on the swimming cos got training for nationals that night and dont want to wear myself out (if someone drowns tho ill happily save them;)). will be at that competition thingy tho, and maybe at the bar after!!
  3. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

I'll be there on Sunday....following she who must be obeyed and Stape Silver (3rd Section). I may or may not be sober enough to go back to the hall (probably the worst acoustic in all areas) to catch the top I'll be spending most of the afternoon in either the Pennyweight or the Dolphin Centre bar! Best of luck to all me old muckas at may see me, but I'm not sure I'll be able to see you...haha.

4. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Hey Nige!

I can't go this year, not happy! I'm sure it'll be lots of fun. Lee's going though; you'll probably find him collapsed on the floor somewhere cos he's already told me he's not coming home that night!

5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

We'll be there - looking forward to taking TWO more Northern bands to the Nashies with us - we just crept in cos prequalifying ends this year!!!!

Just have to win the Nationals then ( ;) )
  6. Ste69

Ste69 Member

But which other 2??????????????????????????? [mystery mystery:confused: ]
  7. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

I'll be there, on Bass Trombone for Stape on the Sunday morning! See you on the coach, Nigel? :)
  8. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Yep ill be there - not driving this year either - not sure that will be a good thing on monday morning when at work though...
  9. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'll be there both days, on Sat cos we've playing and and on Sun to support my mates esp Cornet King.
  10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I guess I'll be putting in an appearance on the Sunday afternoon... Looking forward to a good day out as usual.

11. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

But will we again be stunned by your sartorial elegance - how did they phrase it again???? ;)
  12. Straightmute

Can't remember! Oh yes I can: 'The North of England's fashion guru'. That's me, according to BBW! Such a pity there isn't a deportment prize.

13. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Oh, do we have to?!?! I'd rather send the CBSO, so everyone can hear Rienzi properly.
  14. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I'd prefer to see the Berlin Phil do it. But then i suppose Si and the boys will be busy that weekend. :D :D
  15. Straightmute

Aye they are. We've registered them en masse. Hoping for an early draw so the woodwind and strings can get home for tea.

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think you may find the rotary valve trumpets present a problem ;) :p :oops:
  17. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Along with the horn section. I know they are always partial to a nice cuppa and a spot of knitting
  18. Ste69

Ste69 Member

They'll fit in nicely at Harrogate then..... "Everyone back to Betty's for a jam scone":p
  19. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Back on topic, theres at least 7 of us there on the Sunday with Murton. We're practicing at 8 o'clock on Sunday Morning how cruel is that?
  20. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Oooo sounds delightful!! May i partake of one too