see what happens if you don't read an Ebay description properly...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andyp, Dec 8, 2005.

1. andyp

andyp Active Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ebay
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Oh dear!

4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Owie!

5. andyp

andyp Active Member

thing is I remember the same thing happening at the PS2 launch, someone paid 400 quid for the box a PS2 came in on Ebay, same scam.

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Unlucky! ("This auction is not for a Xbox 360 game system, but instead a picture of one. I hope you enjoy this high-quality item. The 360 is the hottest thing on the market.")

- I was seeing prices for Freeview boxes earlier on and a couple were definitely boxes!

7. Tom-King

very irritating - and the worst thing is that nothing can be done for them... there was no false advertisement so ebays fair trade policies (or whatever) cant help them

one moral thing tho... how can the seller do that live with themself??

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

they prolly o spend the money on a pretyfull new xbox 360!!!!

10. Tom-King

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ebay
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

That's mean! But not really their fault?

14. Tom-King

well.. i suppose they didnt read what they were buying - and wouldnt you want to read every singe word before spending that much???

as for the seller - to do that sort of thing you must have little or no moral judgement whatsoever

15. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I beg to differ. Everything except the last sentence says how you will enjoy playing games live, etc...

I mean really...was that entire decription accurate of the picture...I think not!

16. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- you can't read the comments, but you get the positive/negative counts. Shame we can't view any more! :frown: (and the name's been registered since July, 2003)

19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

It says at the bottom, 'Thanks for the tip off'. Should read 'rip off', methinks.....

What's even sadder is that even if it were for the whole games system, I wouldn't pay £470 for it!

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

If I was spending 400 quid on anything I would check the blerb pretty carefully. That said the way the ad is worded is an obvious ruse to exactly what has happened.

TBH I'm not sure where I stand - part of me says well the person should've checked things out beforehand, part of me thinks that they were just a bit naive and fell for a sucker punch, but eBay should monitor these cases. I just don't know. As has been said creveat emptor - buyer beware.

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Hmmmmmmm! I wonder if the buyer actually paid for it? Legally, he is bound to the contract as he accepted the auction and theoretically the item description. If he doesn't pay, I suppose the site terms and conditions biases the seller in this case, regardless of how anyone views him/her.

22. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

The old phrase Buyer Beware springs to mind.

Just goes to show you should always read the descriptions.