Seating for the finals

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by skimbleshanks, Oct 11, 2005.

1. skimbleshanks

skimbleshanks Member

I've just booked my seat for the finals on Saturday but I'm beginning to think that I didn't pick the best place : in front row of the stalls right round by the left hand side of the stage (as you look at it). I like to be able to see what's happening on stage but didn't want to be opposite 10 cornets. Anyone been before and know the best place to sit? (should've asked before buying my ticket really)

Can't wait, especially after having listened to 59 bands at Harrogate!

Will I be able to get a study score on the day?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    seat
    Anyone
    stalls
    hand side
    round
  3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Just been speaking to Kirklees and they have confirmed that full size (A4) scores will be available from the programme sellers in the hall itself and in the trade stand hall as well.

Hope this helps.

4. skimbleshanks

skimbleshanks Member

Ok, thanks, just been to the Kirklees website : £10 for the A4 score.

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Let's hope they manage to get some scores over to Regent Hall for the composer's talk on Friday.

As for seating in the Albert Hall, we tend to go for the front seats in the balcony, with a ledge to rest the scores on. There is also usually a good clear view of the percussion, that suits Jonathan. From your description of your seat, it's more or less directly in front of the boxes 4barsrest had last year. I listened to a couple of bands from there, and you do get a slightly different perspective, particularly with the trombones facing directly towards you.

6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

You say that like its a bad thing Peter. :p

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well, I was there for your performance last year :!: :shock: :lol:

8. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Ha Ha. i understand now ;)

Avoid that spot this year then. You never know whats going to go in on this piece.