search the attic and bandrooms

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by E flat fred, Apr 5, 2010.

1. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

Our band has just purchased from the local S.A. a complete set of the dark red Tune Books which were published in 1928 and the supplement in 1954. Some of the set are brand new, never been opened. The only problem is that there is no SOLO CORNET books in the set. These players used to use the mini books and they used to buy them themselves. Has any reader got just one Solo Cornet book of these tunes. They start with No 1 "And above the rest" and finish with 541 "Praise God I'm saved". The supplement starts 542 "Abends" and finishes with 807 "Blacow." Any help or advice would be helpful.
    Thanking all readers in anticipation of success.
    I hope I have posted this thread on the right forum.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    set
    Tune Books
    band
    S.A.
    Some
  3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I know we would have these in our band room cupboard. Will ask our librarian if we have more than the one copy. as it would be silly to leave our selves short. I must say I have always prefered the Red book arrangements even though we always seem to use the newer Blue books. Obviously I would also need permission to send a copy across so no promises at this stage. I will make the neccesary enquiries though.

4. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

Excellent news. I have always agreed with you on this point. The old red books have always been the best and the later ones are even worse after the blue ones.
    I will keep my fingers crossed. It always amazes me how fast around the world these threads are received.
    Thanks in anticipation.

5. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

No worries. May take a while though as there is no Practice this week because of Easter, so it will be Sunday before I can ask. The Last warm Holiday before our Winter starts. If you can call what we Get a Winter. So Most of The Band are Away. But I will get back to you with an answer.

6. Frontman

Frontman Member

Fred, I have a set and think I have an extra Solo cornet book. I will look and get back to you.

7. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

Frontman.
    Excellent news.
    Always a dependable person.
    Thanks a million.