Search is on for new MD at Portishead.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by toppy the tenor, Jan 13, 2006.

1. It is with regret that Portishead Town Band announce that their successful partnership with MD Rhodri Griffiths will be coming to an end. Due to a change in work commitments and a re-location back to his native Wales Rhodri will be leaving the band at the end of January.

Rhodri joined the band as resident MD in September 2003 and made an immediate impact guiding the band to a first place in the 3rd Section at the winter GBBA Contest at Coleford. This was followed up by another first place at the Associations Entertainment Contest in February of 2004.

A credible 6th place in the West of England Qualifiers in March of 2004 saw a start of a large re-building programme for the band. Rhodri’s ability, commitment and contagious enthusiasm then attracted a number of quality players to fill vacancies and kick started the most successful period in the band’s contest history.

In November 2004 the band were again awarded 1st place at the GBBA Contest after another quality performance and followed this momentum through to the West of England Area’s in Torquay in March 2005. Rhodri’s bold interpretation of the testing ‘Tam O’Shanter’s Ride’ saw the band win the 3rd Section by 3 clear points, gain promotion to the 2nd section and qualify for the National Finals in Harrogate. Here he guided the band to another full blooded performance and an excellent 3rd place overall.

Other contest successes from the last year also include a 2nd place at the Weston contest in May and a 1st place at the Wychavon Entertainment contest in September.

When asked about his decision to give notice of his resignation Rhodri said, ‘I have more than enjoyed my time here and am very sad that I am leaving. I will always remember the challenges myself and the band rose to and wish all my friends within the band all the very best when they compete for the first time in the 2nd section in their Area qualifier in Torquay in March.’

All those connected with Portishead Town Band are sorry to see Rhodri go but are very happy that the friendship will continue into the future. Players and committee members would like to take this opportunity to wish Rhodri all the very best for and to thank to him for all his commitment, hard work and for the personal responsibility he has shown in the development of the band over the last 3 years.

The band are now in the process of looking for a possible replacement for the position of Resident MD but also looking at recruiting a professional in time for the West of England Area competition in March. If you are interested in discussing this position please see our advert on the recruitment forum.It is with regret that Portishead Town Band announce that their successful partnership with MD Rhodri Griffiths will be coming to an end. Due to a change in work commitments and a re-location back to his native Wales Rhodri will be leaving the band at the end of January.

Rhodri joined the band as resident MD in September 2003 and made an immediate impact guiding the band to a first place in the 3rd Section at the winter GBBA Contest at Coleford. This was followed up by another first place at the Associations Entertainment Contest in February of 2004.

A credible 6th place in the West of England Qualifiers in March of 2004 saw a start of a large re-building programme for the band. Rhodri’s ability, commitment and contagious enthusiasm then attracted a number of quality players to fill vacancies and kick started the most successful period in the band’s contest history.

In November 2004 the band were again awarded 1st place at the GBBA Contest after another quality performance and followed this momentum through to the West of England Area’s in Torquay in March 2005. Rhodri’s bold interpretation of the testing ‘Tam O’Shanter’s Ride’ saw the band win the 3rd Section by 3 clear points, gain promotion to the 2nd section and qualify for the National Finals in Harrogate. Here he guided the band to another full blooded performance and an excellent 3rd place overall.

Other contest successes from the last year also include a 2nd place at the Weston contest in May and a 1st place at the Wychavon Entertainment contest in September.

When asked about his decision to give notice of his resignation Rhodri said, ‘I have more than enjoyed my time here and am very sad that I am leaving. I will always remember the challenges myself and the band rose to and wish all my friends within the band all the very best when they compete for the first time in the 2nd section in their Area qualifier in Torquay in March.’

All those connected with Portishead Town Band are sorry to see Rhodri go but are very happy that the friendship will continue into the future. Players and committee members would like to take this opportunity to wish Rhodri all the very best for and to thank to him for all his commitment, hard work and for the personal responsibility he has shown in the development of the band over the last 3 years.

The band are now in the process of looking for a possible replacement for the position of Resident MD but also looking at recruiting a professional in time for the West of England Area competition in March. If you are interested in discussing this position please see our advert on the recruitment forum.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rhodri Griffiths
    Wales Rhodri
    Portishead Town Band
    Torquay
    friends