"Search" button drop-down menu AWOL

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by The Wherryman, Jul 4, 2008.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I have been using the drop-down menu under the Search button in the navigation bar to find New Posts or Today's Posts, but the menu has disappeared. Left clicking on the button now takes me directly to the Search page. I haven't knowing changed any settings and I can't find anything in the User CP which would affect this. Is this an individual blip or is it part of the development of tMP? Or have I had a Senior Moment and forgotten how to navigate?

2. Di

Di Active Member

Curious. It's still there for me. Which skin are you using? And what browser?

3. The Wherryman

I'm using tMP Clean and Firefox 2.0.0.15. BTW the drop-down menu has also disappeared from the Quick Links button. This situation is while I'm using a lap-top. Following your comment, I've just checked on my desk-top PC and, lo and behold, the drop-down menus are present. I'll try re-booting the lap-top to see if that rectifies the problem.

4. Di

Di Active Member

Ah right ok. I shall await with interest then. ;)

5. The Wherryman

Hmmm...rebooting hasn't solved the problem. I've tried using IE6 and both drop-down menus are there, so it must be Firefox that's causing the problem, but I don't know why. On both of my computers, it is set to update automatically, so it should be the same on both PCs.

6. The Wherryman

I've solved it :clap:

I've cleared all private data, including cookies, from the Firefox cache and, hey presto, drop-down service has resumed as normal...phew!

Thank you for your attention, Di.

7. Di

Di Active Member

Another mystery solved. Glad you've sorted it. :tup

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Firefox 3.0 is out now and is well worth the upgrade imho!

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

:tup I totally agree with that, well worth the upgrade.

10. The Wherryman

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, know what I mean, suits you sir...sorted. FireFox 3 downloaded and installed in less than a minute :wink:

Hmm...Now I've got "ads by Google" in the search menu as well as the usual stuff. Is that helping to finance tMP (no probs with that) or is it a FireFox 3/Google hi-jack (in which case, can I get rid of it?)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Search button
    button drop
    ca
    menu AWOL
  12. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I have also upgraded to Firefox 3. I wasn't aware it was available, so far so good!

13. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Hello Musicman,
    Just a thought, I love tmp especially the random page. Before the upgrade, new posts on random section didn't appear on the front page of the website. I was wondering if it could go back to not appearing on the front page. The front page, I feel is getting littered (is there such word??!!) of the random subjects/off topic threads that aren't relavant to brass band/musical topics
    Stellax

14. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Certainly Stella, that's a good point, thanks for the reminder.