Scratch band for 2005 Whits (Stannington)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by timbloke, Apr 3, 2005.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Principal Solo Cornet Needed for Whit Fridays

Hello,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to read this thread. We at Stannington Brass Band (1st Section) are organising a scratch band to go to the Whit Fridays, unfortunately our own cornet section didn't want to go!!

We have booked a coach, have organised a march (The Cossack), have some fun activities planned including a great fun march down to rival last years Thomas The Tank Engine - PM me for details!!.

If you play any of the following (will be updated regularly - hope mods don't mind
    Last updated 9th May)

Cornet - need 1 front row and 1 rep
    Bass - Could do with a Bb bass

All players welcome, irrespective of standard.

We will accomodate most other players on the coach but obviously our priority is getting a full band and having room on the coach. We will be leaving in the afternoon of May 20th from Sheffield (Near Malin Bridge Tram Stop) and returning there in the early hours. Plenty of people in the band will have floor space to crash on if you need it. There may well be further drinking after our return.

PM me for details.

2. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Hey Teeem, i don't understand this sentence - "We will accomodate most other players on the coach but obviously our priority is getting a full band and having room on the coach"...

Not that it matters seeing as I won't be coming with you!

3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think that statement means they are willing to (for example) take 12 basses on the bus, as long as the rest of the sections are full, but will not take the 11th & 12th bass if they really need those last two bus spots for cornets.

4. timbloke

timbloke Member

that is exactly what i meant.

5. geordiecolin

I see said the blind man!!

I was reading it at 1am. Apologies for being so thick Tim.

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

I've updated the list of players needed. We really only need a Conductor, a horn and a trombone. But will welcome anyone else.

7. timbloke

timbloke Member

Updated again, still need someone to wave the stick, and still need a top two on cornet. Everything else is now 90% certain, but we could probably fit a couple more on the bus.

8. timbloke

timbloke Member

Updated again, sorted out a conductor (I hope), just need top-"man" and second-"man" and a Sop. Otherwise we're sorted.

9. timbloke

timbloke Member

Only need a top man now. anyone fancy the job?

10. timbloke

timbloke Member

Updated...

WE STILL NEED THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FRONT ROW!!

also had a another tMPer (who shall remain nameless) drop out, this time a bass player. so could do with a replacement.

Let me know if you're interested.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    2005 Whits
    Stannington
    Solo Cornet
    lives
    march
  12. geordiecolin

Sorry Tim, I think I've got something on that evening!!! ;)

13. timbloke

timbloke Member

Got four front row, but no rep now. and could do with a spare front row to give our guys and gals a break.

We also need a BBb bass. if anyone is mad enough?

14. timbloke

timbloke Member

Euphonium added