Scrapbooks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Teflon1961, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

I have a small "Duplicate" scrapbook, more like a reciept book than anything. It dates back to 1968 with a note in the front from my Mum stating that I'd "taken to the cornet... "
    It's really strange how it can stay buried in the cupboard for years, then more by luck than judgement it jumps out at you begging to be read. Wierd to read stories from yesteryear and see results of slow melody contests and air varies with names that echo from the past. Pictures that seem to be taken from another lifetime! It's all great stuff really, it's nice to reflect on the good old days amongst all this technology.
    What's your thoughts? :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    technology
    years
    luck
    results of slow melody contests
    good old days
  3. markyboy

markyboy Member

I have quite a lot of clippings and a few Slow Melody Contest programmes dating back to the mid 1970's when I started.
    The thing I always find quite amusing is looking back at who you competed against all those years ago. Other 'little squirts' who you looked daggers at, when you were about 11 who now either have played in the same band as you or are very good mates with!

4. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I cleared out my "pit" yesterday, i launched at least 10 black bin bags of detritus. Whilst sorting and filing under "b" i found my old scrapbook with pictures of me in the school band and newspaper clippings etc. Wow what a trip down memory lane!

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I have a collection of scrapbooks going back some 45 years with various pictures, cuttings and programmes. Some may find it sad :( but it's good to be able to look back once in a while, and also to remind yourself that you did actually play xyz at that concert many moons ago! The only problem is that at the moment I have at least a year's worth of bits and pieces to put in, but can't find the time to sort it out :mad: