scottish open

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by baritone impresario, May 8, 2005.

1. anybody know any names or contacts for entering the scottish open?thanx

2. aqua76

aqua76 Member

From SBBA Website :

The Scottish Open, with 16 bands, to include the top 6 in the Scottish Championship Section plus the top 2 in the Scottish Championships Section 1, plus 8 others from those applying for an invitation (including bands guaranteed an invitation due to a top 6 placing in last year’s Scottish Open – being Hepworth, Freckleton, Tredegar & Wingates). The remainder of the places will be allocated to bands that apply to enter on the basis of their positions in the World of Brass rankings which appear in British Bandsman/4BarsRest (listing due to appear in Mid May incorporating updates to and including the Spring Festival contests). Other bands seeking invitations should contact the SBBA President by 30 April and it is confirmed that other Scottish bands may also apply for these places.

Mite be a bit late now but email is president@sbba.org.uk

Jane

3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Any news on the testpiece yet?

4. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I believe that its an own choice test piece this year - there has been a change in format as Jane has pointed out above.

5. aqua76

aqua76 Member

http://www.scottishbrass.com/news.php?news_id=1

All info about the changes to the Scottish Open can be found on the SBBA wesbite.

Should be a good weekend, what with the new changes involving a lot more of the Scottish Bands ie not just the top 6 from the Scottish Regional!

Jane

6. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

It doesn't say it's own choice anywhere tho does it? Although I could be blind/stupid etc.

7. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

It does - i missed it 3 times before I found it!

"Quote"
    All of the competing bands in each of the senior contests will perform an own-choice test-piece and there will be two adjudicators for each contest."

Easilly missed!

8. aqua76

aqua76 Member

Hehe, no it doesnt say it above. Dont worry yr not needing the opticians just yet.

In the full article on SBBA website it explains all.

And yes it is now an own choice test piece contest. Should be good!!

9. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Thanks!

Looks like it'll be Four Little Maids for us then.......;-)

10. aqua76

aqua76 Member

Will have a listen out for it :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    anybody
    scottish open
    contacts
    names