Scottish Open 2008

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by snazzy_cornet_sound, Oct 27, 2008.

1. The time is drawing near!

how is everyone getting on with there test pieces?

I am loving St Magnus! its a great piece and will take some playing!
  2. AlanD

AlanD Member

Okay not long to go now... anyone got a full list of the bands playing?
  3. We'll be there :D for what ever we're competing for :lol: looking forward to it!
  4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Us too! And i've no idea what contest we're in! All I know is we're dragging out "Four Little maids"..... NOT!!!
    God I love how confusing this contest is!;)
  5. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Lochgelly too - in the middle one!

And Kirkie in the big one!
  6. We are in the top one (i think!) and the piece is superb! wish it was the area piece aswell!
  7. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Can you imagine how happy I would be if it was?

I could easily play St Magnus at every contest next is better than Salute to Youth!
  8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I'm led to believe that it almost was but for the fact its being used at the Scottish Open.
  9. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Like ma wee cherub Alan said a few posts back, anyone got a list yet? Even if its just to find out what contest we're playing in??? So far I can count 6 bands on here so where's the rest? otherwise its gonna be an awfy short (and fairly bizarre)contest......;)
  10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Entrants for the Scottish Open
    Bon Accord Silver
    Bo’ness and Carriden
    Camborne Town
    Clackmannan District
    Easington Colliery
    Kingdom Brass
    Pemberton Old Wigan JJB
    Scottish Co-op
    Unison Kinneil
    Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel

Scottish Challenge Shield - The qualifying bands were
    Barrhead Burgh
    Kirkintilloch Kelvin
    Tullis Russell

Scottish Challenge Cup - The qualifying bands were
    Dalkeith & Monktonhall
    Annan Town
    St. David's Brass
    Bon Accord Silver 'B'
    Renfrew Burgh
    Irvine & Dreghorn
    Newland Concert
    Penicuik Silver

I think the line up for the challenge cup may have changed from those qualifying, as at least one band declined the invite and has been replaced with the next in line. If I find out more I'll let you know.
  11. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Well done Mr Martin!:clap: Can always rely on you to supply info on all things of scottishy contestyness!!! So we're in the Cup then..... lovely! Sorry but like I said this contest confuses me.... as do most things....:confused:
  12. AlanD

AlanD Member

Marigold, most things confuse you!!!
  13. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

But I admitted as much...... so who's confused now then babes????;)
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks John. I somehow missed this when you posted, but have now added these to Prediction Central, so off you go folks and do your thing. ;)
  15. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I was correct. There are a couple of changes to the line-up for the challenge cup. Irvine and Penicuik have withdrawn with Dunfermline Town and Brass Sounds Inverclyde accepting invitations to fill the two places.

Scottish Challenge Cup
    Dalkeith & Monktonhall
    Annan Town
    St. David's Brass
    Bon Accord Silver 'B'
    Renfrew Burgh
    Newland Concert
    Dunfermline Town
    Brass Sounds Inverclyde
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks John. The alterations have been made so those of you who have made your predictions and will be affected by these changes need to have another look in that crystal ball and pop back along to Prediction Central. :)
  17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Scottish Open running late and I had to get the last bus back from Perth (20:10) :-? Good day and friendly atmosphere. Kenneth Downie also in the audience and I thought two performances stood out amongst the others (... so far ...) - Pemberton Old and Scottish Co-op. Surprised 4BR aren't doing a live review as they are there in strength.

(I left after the Co-op played)
  18. Bad2theBone

Bad2theBone New Member

Scottish Co-op won. Thats all i know right now.
  19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Kenneth Downie gave the Coop a standing ovation after they played!
  20. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

apparently Kirky were 2nd. well done to scottish co-op. Easington were 13th apparently too. these coming from a drunken source so not sure about the truth