Scottish Cup Final

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by eckyboy, Apr 28, 2004.

1. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Dunfermline V Celtic at Hampden on 22cnd May.Hoping the Pars can lift the cup for the first time since 1968.Tough task but who thinks we can do it. :roll:

2. How heavy is the cup?

3. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Was originally 8Kg but is now only 6.7 with all the engraving of previous winners :lol: Converted from pounds and ounces

4. You've got 2 chances! Hail Hail!

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

What are the chances of Celtic actually losing a game eh?

6. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Aberdeen beat them last week 8)

7. and lets hope that Dunfermline can beat them too!

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Come on the BHOYS!!!!!! I may be an ex-fifer but I'm Celtic born and bred (as well as an Evertonian)

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

:oops: shows how well I keep up with Scottish football... :hammer

10. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Here's hoping the Pars can replicate Aberdeen's feat!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Celtic
    cup
    Dunfermline V
    22cnd May.
    task
  12. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

The Bhoys will be too strong, I'm sure.

Hail Hail!

13. We should be able to sort you Fifers out even if we're a bit below Par :lol:
    Hope plenty of your guys turn out at Hampden though and enjoy the day (if not the result)
    How tasty are these words gonna be if we happen to lose :?

14. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

On past form Celtic should comfortably win.

However a closer look at recent form shows that Celtic have only won twice in the seven games they have played in April whereas the Pars are on a bit of form. It'll be a hard game but I predict Celtic to win 2-1.

Should be interesting to see the dress rehearsal at Celtic Park this weekend. I wonder if both managers will put out their strongest sides or will they keep something in reserve for the final itself. Celtic will be hurting after losing their unbeaten record to Aberdeen and they also have the title party that day so I reckon Dunfermline will be in for a hard afternoon.

15. Dave1

Dave1 Member

On behalf of a certain son of mine Alec - I have to say Celtic :D

Personally might shout for the Pars just to add colour to an otherwise GREEN house ???

16. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I cant believe how Callum has been brought up :lol:
    You seem such a good parent Dave but every family has a black sheep.
    3-2 to the Pars. :wink:

17. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

WELL WELL WELL--2-1 to the Pars on Celtics doorstep so who knows what will happen :lol:

18. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Were you at the game caller.

A much changed Celtic side with seven recognised starters rested for next week. Even at that we laid seige to your goal for 90 minutes. Credit to the Pars though, Stillie played magnificent (why are you letting hime go), and they had two attacks in the game and scored with both.

Anyway things will be different at Hampden when there's something to play for and a full strength Celtic team hungry to win it. I've changed my prediction - 3-0 to the Celts.

19. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Fair enough John--we only rested our strikeforce probably resulting in us only getting 2 goals.I'll change my prediction also now to 3-1 the Pars.Band rehearsal prevented me going :D

20. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Isn't that 8 games without a win now for Celtic...? :D

I'm with eckyboy on this one ;)

21. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Not quite Bruce. We beat Kilmarnock 1-0 two weeks ago to clinch the league, that was four games ago. Since then we've lost to Aberdeen, drawn with Hearts and lost to Dunfermline. I think the statistic you're thinking of is 2 wins in our last 8 games. However, statistics are open to interpretation, you could also say we've suffered 2 defeats in our last 35 league games, or 2 defeats in our last 79 games at Celtic Park, or 5 defeats overall at Celtic Park in the four years since MON took control.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Celtic
    cup
    Dunfermline V
    22cnd May.
    task