Scottish Brass Band Association announces Youth Development Officer appointment

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[imgleft][/imgleft]Scottish Brass Band Association announces Youth Development Officer appointment.

The Scottish Brass Band Association (SBBA) has announced the appointment of Alan Edmond as the organisation¹s Youth Development Officer. The appointment follows the award of significant funding to SBBA from the Scottish Arts Council¹s Youth Music Initiative for the development of brass bands throughout the nation.

Alan Edmond is well known throughout the brass band movement as a former representative of Normans Musical Instruments, Besson Musical Instruments and, latterly, Band Supplies. He is a former member of CWS (Glasgow) and Broxburn & Livingston bands and currently plays 1st horn with Whitburn Band.

Announcing the appointment, SBBA President, Peter Fraser MBE, commented: ³We were absolutely delighted with the high standard of the applications we received for the highly sought-after position of Youth Development Officer.

Alan Edmond¹s presentation to the final interview panel was outstanding and the brass band community throughout Scotland can look forward to benefiting greatly from his passion and enthusiasm for the job ahead.² In response, Alan Edmond said: ³Working within the brass band movement is something that I have always enjoyed, but the challenges ahead in this new role are very exciting indeed. The future of banding is dependant on the current generation¹s investment in youth and I am delighted that this new initiative from SBBA has given me the opportunity to be amongst the few throughout the entire brass band world to be given such an important task.² Alan Edmond can be contacted on 01506 852693, 07867 540435 or
  2. Moy

Moy Active Member

Well done Alan.
    A great job he will do as well.

Hopefully see you up here in North East Scotland soon. :clap: