Scottish Brass Band Association announces Youth Development Officer appointment

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[imgleft]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/AlanEdmond.jpg[/imgleft]Scottish Brass Band Association announces Youth Development Officer appointment.

The Scottish Brass Band Association (SBBA) has announced the appointment of Alan Edmond as the organisation¹s Youth Development Officer. The appointment follows the award of significant funding to SBBA from the Scottish Arts Council¹s Youth Music Initiative for the development of brass bands throughout the nation.

Alan Edmond is well known throughout the brass band movement as a former representative of Normans Musical Instruments, Besson Musical Instruments and, latterly, Band Supplies. He is a former member of CWS (Glasgow) and Broxburn & Livingston bands and currently plays 1st horn with Whitburn Band.

Announcing the appointment, SBBA President, Peter Fraser MBE, commented: ³We were absolutely delighted with the high standard of the applications we received for the highly sought-after position of Youth Development Officer.

Alan Edmond¹s presentation to the final interview panel was outstanding and the brass band community throughout Scotland can look forward to benefiting greatly from his passion and enthusiasm for the job ahead.² In response, Alan Edmond said: ³Working within the brass band movement is something that I have always enjoyed, but the challenges ahead in this new role are very exciting indeed. The future of banding is dependant on the current generation¹s investment in youth and I am delighted that this new initiative from SBBA has given me the opportunity to be amongst the few throughout the entire brass band world to be given such an important task.² Alan Edmond can be contacted on 01506 852693, 07867 540435 or alanedmond@msn.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Scottish Brass Band Association announces Youth Development Officer
    Officer
    appointment
    brass bands
    Alan Edmond
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Well done Alan.
    A great job he will do as well.

Hopefully see you up here in North East Scotland soon. :clap: