Scotland - England rugger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bigenglandfan, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

anyone looking forward to the game as much as me??? Any jocks predicting a memorable victory??

Roll on kick-off.
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Well I'd love to see a massive scottish upset, however I'm a realist as well and can't really see any hope of that happening.

Good luck Scotland.
  3. bumperman

bumperman Member

Scotland aint got a prayer! I predict england will get 50 past them.
  4. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

yes i'm with my good old mate on that one.... i reckon we might be in for a cricket score.

see you in a bit...
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

That's two of us then! ;)
  6. 2nd man down

50th minute and the Jocks up 9-6!!!! :terrier

*correction* 59 minutes gone and 12-6 up!!
  7. 2nd man down

:D 71 minutes gone and the Jocks now 15-9 up!!

by the way, how cool is that little buggy that brings the tee on?!?!? ;)

18-12 to the Jocks, in your face you sassenachs!! 2 minutes left!!!
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

18-12, ... not what was expected, eh?
  9. 2nd man down

AND THE JOCKS WIN!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :terrier :bounce :metal: :woo
  10. Di

Di Active Member

This has got to be the Six Nations hasn't it? We have a "Prediction" and discussion thread running over here. ;)
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not entirely, this is the Calcutta Cup. ;) And it is now over and England have broken their 6-year run of good luck. Damn it.:(
  12. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Oops. How do those words taste second time around?
  13. 2nd man down

LMFAO!! :clap: :D
  14. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

In fairness Scotland were the more dominant side today, they wanted it more, I am surprised at the result, but their performance more than warranted it.

England were pityful, and im not saying they could have played better, because they didnt seem to know how too?

Bringing Dallaglio on was too little and far too late... I thought he may give us a boost, but I think our less experienced players had given up by then??

England are not looking a shadow of 3 years ago, if we cant win the six nations anymore, then we'll have no chance whatsoever in the next world cup against teams from the southern hemisphere?

Gutted - Well Done Scotland
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well done scotland .:clap:
    good win played very well England just did not seem in the game at times:(
    It as made the table look interesting now.
  16. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Aye right. Gerritriteupyez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I object to the racist term "Jocks".
  17. 2nd man down

I hate to tell you this but the only person who referred to the Scots as Jocks was me, born in Glasgow and a proud Jock. I don't see it as a racist term at all, merely a fun term much the same as sassenach.
  18. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I refer the learned gentleman to the opening post in this thread. Anyway 2md, you being born in the fair green place doesn't make you a "Jock" you're a weegie, same as me.

Can England qualify for the wooden spoon now?
  19. 2nd man down

Oh yeah! Hadn't noticed that! ;)

I wish England any success they can get now, it's just nice that we dumped them on the seat of their pants!
  20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes gallant defence by the JOCKS* and fabulous kicking. A hard fought victory, not so much a great Scots performance (apart from absoluely blinding defence), more of a poor English one. If England had taken the chances they did manage to make they could have won. However England are still top of the Six Nations Table and are more than capable of winning it.

*And surely the term Jock can't be offensive? 3 of my best mates all introduce themselves as Jock Murray, Jock Smith and Jock Reid. I'm not actually sure I know what their christian (oops! offensive?) names are.