Score required

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by knocker1606, Apr 18, 2007.

1. knocker1606

knocker1606 New Member

My band is playing It Don't Mean A Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing arranged by Jon Bennett at a concert in a couple of weeks but we don't have the score - could someone send me a copy please?

EDIT: Please remember that copying without permission is ILLEGAL and must not be promoted on tMP. If anyone is able to lend Sara a score, please get in touch with her.
    PB, Mod
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  2. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

I'm fairly sure this piece is published by MMI Music, and Nigel Hall is an active member here, so he'll be along shortly to advise.
  3. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Tried to edit, but too late:

I've just spoken to Nigel and it is indeed an MMI piece. Nigel is happy for you to ring or pm him, or go via the MMI website - - look at Cat. No. 40203

Contact details can be found on the same site.
  4. Texus

Texus Member

Or email tilbury band - Jon plays Sop sometimes for them and will probably be glad to help.
  5. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Jon indeed does, but the music is published by MMI Music and I am quite happy to sell them just a score - although if they had a "kosher" set of parts then they would have known by the copyright line who the publisher was.

As Peter put on the first post that photocopying is illegal, takes money away from the composers, arrangers and publishers and eventually drives up the price of music.