Score For'The Wizard'Geo Allan

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by boneman0970, Dec 16, 2004.

1. boneman0970

boneman0970 Member

Could anybody help with the above.
    Do anybody Know how I can get hold of a score for the above march??

I'm trying to avoid the job of spending an eternity at the PC on Sibelius and if anybody could help me out I would of course try to renumerate the individual with liquid replenishment.

2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest contacting Wright & Round, since they have recently begun to offer a range of newly originated full scores for pieces which previously had none. However, after having had a quick look on their website myself (out of curiosity), I found an entry for "The Wizard" by W. Rimmer, not Geo. Allen.

Is this a different piece entirely?

3. Heppy

Heppy Member

The Wizard is Hepworth's contest march and I think we tried really hard to find a score but we had to resort to putting it on Sibelius.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure, but I've a vague memory of an antipodean version "The Wizard of Oz" - may have been one of Lithgow's :shock: ;) :oops:
  5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Send a message to one of the Leyland band tmp'rs...they played it Spennymoor years ago ( 1991 I think ).they might have a score..
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Try Nick Childs, and ask him as he as got the DOYEN ARCHIVES CENTRE which contains many old pieces of music etc he might have it in his collection

email address:

Ian Perks
    Gresley Old Hall Band
  7. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Fishburn used to play it regularly and recorded it , Gav - try them. ( a bit closer to home than Doyen, etc.)
  8. Syrup

Syrup Member

Do you need permission from the publishers to do this?
  9. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

When I made enquiries a few years ago about doing a similar exercise (ie: using a notation program to input individual parts and create a full score) for "The Black Knight", the answer was unequivocally that to do so without permission (ie. a licence) would be a breach of copyright.

As it happens, it didn't matter because Wright & Round subsequently went ahead and published a new score for the march, so we just bought it.