Scary moment!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Boy that was lucky!! Picked Annabelle up at the top of the stairs earlier and as I turned I lost my footing and before I knew it I was at the bottom of the stairs (complete with bruised buttock, back and left wrist) but with Annabelle held in the air unscathed...shaken up a little, but thankfully unscathed!! :-?

Thank you, whoever it was that got me to the bottom of the stairs without hurting her!!

*phew!*

2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Awwww poor crawfy! Hope your bottom is ok! :tongue:

It was you that got Annabelle to the bottom of the stairs without hurting her! It was your daddy instincts!

Hope everybody is ok!

Fi
    xx

3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I did that too with wee danny about a year ago. Only it was on the outdoor steps!!!

I was holding him to my chest and lost the footing, somehow managed to twist in mid air and land on my back, baby held aloft and laughing. Poor dad ended up with a concussion after hitting his head on the kerb. Still, could have been a lot worse.

It must be a primitive survival instinct that tells us to protect the offspring even if that means sacrificing ourselves.

4. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Glad to hear that you are both Ok - Could have been nasty.

Best Wishes

April xx

5. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

Goodness, poor you. That must have given you a fright. It's amazing how much carrying a little one can affect your balance isn't it? I'm extremely pregnant at the moment and I'm a disaster on the stairs, especially if I'm carrying my toddler at the same time. Luckily he's getting quite good at managing stairs on his own now, I think the prospect of falling down with me has given him extra incentive to learn :lol:

I'm glad you're both ok anyway :)

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Blimey Pal, take it easy!!! We need our star supporter in good order for the Area's!!

Glad you're both OK!!

see ya's tomorrow

7. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

My Nephew climbs stairs on his own now, he's a big boy (nearly two)

but that doesn't stop him trying to push us all down when we walk in front of him so that if he falls we can catch him lol :D

8. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Super Daddy strikes again!!!! Remember, I've seen the evidence :tongue:

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

I fell down the stairs yesterday as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurt my back a bit, but i found it highly amusing...think i was still a bit drunk from butlins :-?

10. Hells Bones

We have a member of our band who always goes on her backside at a contest, well, not always, at Wilkies she went flat on her face.

and this weekend, she waited till the very end when we were leaving...

And fell down the metal staircase :clap:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Annabelle
    bruised buttock
    left wrist
    air unscathed
    Scary moment
  12. leisa

leisa Active Member

ouch...bet that hurt!! I waited till we got home to do it!

13. Hells Bones

She was ok, she fell on to her salad that she had bought in the over-priced supermarket!! We just think its funny now, because she goes over at every contest yet doesn't manage to hurt herself. We wonder what makes her fall, is her mind on other things maybe? (Men? ;) )

14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I beg your pardon?!?!? :eek:

15. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Super Daddy cos I've seen Annabelle & only a super dad (& super mum) could make such a cutie ;) Was trying to be nice!! (for once in my life)

16. wow my bro fell down the stairs yesterday too!! he's in a sling though!!
    its amazing, i have those instincts with beer! i can fall and not a drop is spilled....usually coz its mostly all gone by then anyway!!

17. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Take more water in it Mr Crawford and and think yourself lucky she didn't say the immortal words "Do it again, daddy! That was fun!":D