Scary films as kids

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Oct 23, 2004.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

When I was a likkle girl my older sister sat me down to watch the film "War of the Worlds" whilst she was baby-sitting me.
    For months after I couldn't get to sleep because I had a lampost outside my bedroom window that looked just like one of the alien spaceships about to zap me!:shock:

Any other films had the same sort of effect??

ps...I didn't report her to Social services!:D
  2. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

my brother is older than me and when he had some friends round they where watching a film called Heckley it was about a guy that just went round killing people, i slept down stairs for 4 nights to make sure that he wouldnt come though the window
  3. I remember hiding under the dining room table with my hands over my ears, crying with fear, at the incredible hulk!! :shock: seriously... THAT GUY SCARED THE CR*P OUT OF ME!!!! I was about 5 at the time!

BUT, I remember the first time I ever watched Freddy Cruger... it was new years eve in my first year!! 1995 evening, 1996 morning. I was 11 years old, and watched it in my living room with my riend from school Joanne... she absolutely loved horror films, and that was the first one I ever watched. Once she fell asleep I cried my eyes out cos I was petrified he was gonna kill me in my sleep! And I sh*t you not... for about 3 months after I would only sleep with the lights on... and for about 2 years after, I was scared of going to feed my guinnea pigs in the garden after dark :shock: :shock:

Now he just makes me laugh though!!!

lol... and I just remembered, I went on holiday a year later with my best mate Gav, and we were staying the same room... and I was so paranoid about Freddy I actually sat there asking gav if he was freddy!!! hahahaha.... I only just remembered this.... and the little swine was going....

"yeah helen... *rolls his eyes*.... im gonna kill u in the night"

TUT... I was genuinely THAT paranoid about Freddy Cruger!!! :shock:
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  4. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

yea must admit A Nightmare on elm street was very scary when i was younger but when it was on telly the other month it want bad at all
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

TOM&JERRY CARTOONS:-D :rolleyes: :) :D :-? :cool:
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not a film as such, but there was a schools series we used to watch when I was about 7, (can't remember the name, something about finding Norman treasure in Hastings?) which had a truly scary biker in it. Black bike, black leathers, black helmet with mirrored visor. He was always following people and turning up in odd places with scary music. I used to hyperventilate so much the teacher banned me from watching it and I had to go and sit on my own and read a book instead.

I have since got over my fear of bikers...
  7. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I'm a right wimp when it comes to scary movies, but me being 15 still makes me considered as a kid right?!!? but yer a film called "Stir of Echoes" scared the hell out of me, and I watched the beginning of "The Shining" with my dad last night and after 10 minutes I had to turn it off!
  8. bigcol

bigcol Member

OMG OMG OMG!!! :shock:

I had the exact same scenario - being scare of the lampost outside my house at nights after seeing War of the Worlds.

I'm pleased to say I'm not cured. Well I assume I'm not cured, as i've never slept in a room with a lampost next to it since I was a kid. Anyone got a bed making said description I could try? Anyone likely to be in it at the same time? :oops:
  9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I saw "It" at my gran's house when I was very small because my uncle had left it in the VCR... that screwed me up for a while... also, "The Labyrinth" (sp?) scared me pretty badly...
  10. :eek::eek::eek::eek: I forgot about Labrynth!!! Thats an awesome film!! :eek: Im gonna go buy that on ebay now!!!
  11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Same here. When I was little I couldn't sleep after seeing it. Now I'm not quite sure why it was soooo scary.
  12. Its cos he kills you in your sleep!!!! aaargh!! You cant sleep at night cos that vile, burnt out decrepid face comes at you with those AWFUL Knife-fingers to masacre you!!!

*chills out on the description.... family forum, family forum, family forum... :roll:*

I watched IT when I was in first year, at a huge sleep over with all my friends, and strangely enough, we all laughed at it :-? SICK, TWISTED LITTLE YOUTHS!! :evil:

Here's another one that *REALLY* got me though.... CARRIE!!! Come on.... who else saw carrie walk the prom covered in pig blood, and then proceeded to burn all her school mates to death :) ??

... and then at the end, her hand shoots out of her grave and scares the -ing *beep* out of you! :)
  13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think part of the reason it isn't really scary anymore is that since I have seen the movie for the first time I have seen so many pictures of Freddy in the non-scary lighting that he looks like some freak in make-up instead of a charred ghost.
  14. lol.... not only that, but the acting is pretty lame. Its just dated now thats all...... teh one I watched was one where some girl is being thrown round the room, her doube bed is just a blood bath and he's throwing her round the ceiling.... scary as hell when I was a kid, but it was on channel 5 about a year ago and I genuinely laughed at it.

*turns her lamp on before going to bed.... :roll:*
  15. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

gremlins!!! :shock: I remember watching it as a kid, having just moved out from sharing with my sister to having my own room. I had moved into the spare room which had a double bed in it. After watching the film (and for about 2 years after!)I was so scared that I couldn't just get into bed because I thought the gremlins might be under there! I had to run and jump onto the bed so they couldn't get me :rolleyes:
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Has to be "Children of the damned" - those eerie, staring eyes, and the relentness of their manipulation of those around them.
  17. HBB

HBB Active Member

Was that the one where she stabbed herself and pulled the knife up on the table?! i remember watching that and couldn't sleep!!
  18. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Watership Down used to scare the **** outta me
  19. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

When I was little, I used to get nightmares from "The Fraggles", so my mother wouldn't let me watch it...
  20. Hollie

Hollie Member

I get freaked out by scream! lol!
    every door I open he is there with his knife and he wants to kill me! well in my mind anyway! It's not a scary film but it plays with my mind!