SCABA Quartet/Ensemble Contest 12/2/06

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by andywooler, Feb 12, 2006.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Results now available here

2. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Congrats to Friary Guildford! Sorry we werent there this year to defend out titles!

3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

There should also have been a prize for the person appearing on stage in the most different guises!

Ian Stewart - player with LGB Brass, Conductor with LGB Brass, Conductor with Friary Guildford. Well done Ian on the conductors prize.

Sadly, my own band had to withdraw 2 quartets due to the hospitalisation of Paul Labus, due to play in both a standard quartet and a Euphonium Quartet. In addition, our Youth entry also suffered with illness on the day and played for adjudication only, with one of our adult cornet players sight reading on Euphonium! (The ever versatile Ray Woods).

Happily, the other 2 entries from Mid Sussex featured in the prizes so our continued practice of winning at least 1 trophy at every contest over the last few years continues!

4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Cheers!
    I heard about your band lurgy, what a shame!
    Althought this contest is never really about the prizes, it is a bit disappointing when the entries are so low. Its a good day, and the small groups make a great antidote to areas preparation.... it amazes me really that more bands/groups don't turn out.