SCABA Hove 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Daisy Duck, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I won't be playing at Hove this year, but planning on going along to listen to a few bands... wondering who's going...

I know Horsham, Mid Sussex and LGB are. Anyone else?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    SCABA Hove 2010
    Hove
    Anyone
    bands
    Horsham
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

We had entered but as we have only just appointed our new MD, have decided not to compete due to a lack of time to prepare. Our first outing with our new MD, Nick Morris, will be the SCABA Entertainments Contest at Crawley in May.

4. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Friary are going

5. BrightonHove

BrightonHove Member

Due to circumstances beyond our control Brighton & Hove City Brass won't be going to Hove this year either

6. Bungle

Bungle Member

Cranbrook will be there. I believe there is also a band coming over from Belgium.

7. andywooler

To anyone coming to Brighton & Hove tomorrow for the contest - tomorrow is also the brighton marathon and the city has many road closures and parking restrictions. I would suggest get there early to ensure a parking space as the route is not far from Hove Town hall.

8. andywooler

Just checked the route - it goes along New Church Road and comes back again so this stretch will be very busy towards the end of the run. My advice: catch the train!

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Any results yet?

10. scaba Media

scaba Media Member

scaba Spring Contest, Hove - Results

They are up on the website - www.scaba.co.uk

11. Bungle

Bungle Member

Again great contest, lovely day, no problems with parking and the great spectical of the marathon to watch. We played 'Army of the Nile' and 'Hollywood' and were happy to come away with two trophies. Well done to Shanklin Town for their win.

I think the 4th placing of Braz'art Band in the first section on the SCABA website is a bit misleading. I believe they were there for adjudicators remarks only. They were very impressive and after listening to them, there is no way they would have come fourth. Can anyone remember what they played? I hope they enjoyed their day in Brightonand got home OK. I couldn't find much about them apart from they are from Harelbeke Music Academy. Jan maybe able to tell us more about them.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    SCABA Hove 2010
    Hove
    Anyone
    bands
    Horsham
  13. scaba Media

scaba Media Member

They played Slip Stream - Philip Sparke & Toccata Festiva - Jan van der Roost.