SCABA Autumn Contest Folkstone 2007

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Sop Willebroek, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Any idea which bands are coming to Folkstone this year?

My band, Brass Band Heist, is coming for the first time this year. Also from belgium are coming Brass Band Kortrijk and Brass Band Bacchus.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Heist
    Folkstone
    SCABA Autumn Contest
    Brass Band Kortrijk
    Brass Band Bacchus
  3. Bungle

Bungle Member

Cranbrook should be there. Brassband Panta Rhei Gent may also be there from Belgium as they were looking for a concert venue on the Saturday. I know BAE systems are going as our MD plays principle cornet for them. When I went to a rehearsal, there was also talk of Uckfield Concert Brass entering.

4. Panta Rhei is not coming this year (their MD told me).

About the other belgian bands, my band BB Heist is 2nd division, BB Bacchus 1st division and BB Kortrijk Champion Section.

5. markh

markh Member

I know KM medway are going and my brother-in-law is playing for Tilbury

6. I can confirm from what iv heard Soham Comrades won't be going this year

7. Owen S

Owen S Member

As we've qualified for the National Finals and Folkestone is two weeks afterwards, Egham won't be doing Folkestone this year I'm afraid.

8. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Despite running this contest again, after the failure to last year- I believe that not many bands are entering- perhaps because there is no prize money... allegedly!!!

9. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I'll be there with Mid Sussex Brass (as conductor) and Brighton & Hove City Brass (on Sop).
    Uckfield will not be there - this one was a little too soon - watch this space for Hove though.

10. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Same with us, shame really, I really like the Folkestone contest and we've done reasonably well last couple of times we've been

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  11. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

Haverhill will be going.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Heist
    Folkstone
    SCABA Autumn Contest
    Brass Band Kortrijk
    Brass Band Bacchus
  13. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Regent Brass will also be there!

14. markh

markh Member

That's a shame but was the fear that my own band had - not the lack of prize money but lower competition because of the prize money. In the past we have been able to compete against some really good bands who may now be missing due to the lack of prize money. We decided to go anyway and hope that other bands take the same stance so that the level of competition remains high.

15. Bungle

Bungle Member

markh, do you know if KM Medway concert are attending?

16. markh

markh Member

Sorry Geoff I don't but I'm sure one of them must be watching the thread and will be able to answer!

17. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I'll be there with Battle Town Band.

18. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I'll be there, either as a bass for hire, or to watch, and maybe to peddle a certain piece of music....

19. pds24649449

pds24649449 New Member

Does anyone know if Denmead Brass Band AKA Cosham Concert Brass are attending this contest if so what day?:clap:

20. Am I ME?

Am I ME? Member

Shanklin Town and Shanklin Youth will be there - we have a 4.45am start to get there in time

21. Soham decided a while ago not to take part because of the m.d vacency failing to be filled. Graham Sheldon has stepped in now as the new m.d - and the band are hoping to rebuild in order to enter next year after reasonably tough times.

22. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

and I thought you had'nt entered because you can't trust that old codger on bass trom !

siminbassbone, my older, uglier and generally less marvelous big bruvver !