Save the Humber Bridge!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ste69, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Humber bridge petition

Write off the debt for the Humber Bridge - At the moment its the most expensive toll bridge in Britain.

I'm sure we all signed the other one and as long as no more petrol gets contaminated, we'll all keep using it.

Read here for more info and SIGN THE PETITION

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    toll bridge
    PETITION
    URL
    Humber Bridge
    petrol
  3. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I have signed it - as I live north of the river and work south I spend over £100 a month in bridge tolls and it is rather a lot!

Rach x

4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I drove over it for the first time EVER about two weekends ago when I was visiting my mate from 'oooop north'.

Was a pretty impressive sight.

5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Im not signing it. In fact I think it should be closed. Anything measure that deters John Prescott MP escaping from Hull should be applauded.
    Perhaps scrapping the toll but charging Jaguars a million pounds might be a good compromise.

6. dave jake

dave jake Member

Aye Let It Close Keep The Yellow Bellys Out

7. dave jake

dave jake Member

I ve signed now, thought I d better as my parents live in Barton now and are YBs

8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I suppose I really ought to sign this one as I may have been partly responsible for the inital build cost. In my placement year at polytechnic (now Trent University) I worked as a Quantity Surveyor on the bridge and then went back after my diploma and had another 2 years there right up to the openning.

I worked on and agreed a number of final accounts for some of the build works - North approach road, south approach lighting contract and internal remedial painting contract - that was fun, used to spend all day inside the structure measuring rust (caused by workers peeing inside the bridge). I spent 3 months from September (when it was roasting hot inside) to December when it was the proverbial brass monkey weather.

It was one of the best projects I've every worked on and to have the opportunity to go to the top of the towers was a fantastic experience. Worst experience was taking the consulting engineers boat from one side to the other before you could cross on the bridge - the Humber in winter on a 15ft motor boat is not fun.

9. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Brilliant!!!!!! :clap:

(but we don't want him either) - he keeps going around either decking people or sh***ing them :eek: (allegedly)