Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by James McFadyen, Nov 29, 2003.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Coz I'm bored, I just thought I would ask you a very simple question, the first to get it right gets a big kiss, if you're a guy, then Santa can give u a kiss! :wink:

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

3. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

When are you going to get it through your heads no one invented him. He's real. Both me and my sister are working for him. He's definately real
  5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Isn't Saint Nicholas from Turkey? I am sure Iread something like that recently. Supposedly there were 3 sisters who couldn't get married as their father couldn't afford the dowrie, so Nic went out every year on t he same day and left gold items for the sistersd in turn. They were then able to marry. However in the case of the 3rd sister, the door was locked so he climbed onto the roof and dropped it down the chimney, where the youngest sister had her stockings out to dry.
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I believe it was invented by a little known author and storyteller by the name of Susan Catal.
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Santa was not necessarily green, he was a number of different colours in different countries. Coca-cola standardised him in red when they globalised everything and took over the world!!!
  8. leisa

leisa Active Member

ummm sorry i think u forgot i also work for him!!! :p :D
  9. shedophone

shedophone Member

Before Victoria's reign started in 1837 nobody in Britain had heard of Santa Claus.

Santa Claus did not wear green- that was father christmas!
    The two are in fact two entirely separate stories. Father Christmas was originally part of an old English midwinter festival, normally dressed in green, a sign of the returning spring. The stories of St. Nicholas (Sinter Klaas in Holland) came via Dutch settlers to America in the 17th Century. From the 1870's Sinter Klass became known in Britain as Santa Claus and with him came his unique gift and toy distribution system - reindeer and sleigh!
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

It's all getting to confusing and technical for me .. I'll just go back to worrying about my French Tape Exam tomorrow ... :( :( :( :idea:
  11. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

The answer I was looking for was Coca Cola, although there seems to be a bit of mix up there! I'll need to do More research the next time, I think...........doh! :wink:
  12. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

This is correct. I'm one of his major shareholders, having invested a small fortune in him over the last few years.