Santa Claus the Movie......

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by honey bun, Nov 13, 2007.

1. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Hi guys

Its that time of year when people are looking for something a bit different to play.

My daughter loves Santa Claus the Movie and there's one bit in it where the Salvation Army band play a snippet of a hymn/carol when you first see the homeless boy in the city.

Does anybody know what that hymn/carol is? I've looked on the soundtrack but its not on there. There other one is "Giving" but thats in "Santaclaustrophobia"..

Any info much appreciated :)
  2. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

is that "The Santa Claus" with Tim Allen ?
    if so I'll check it out and look it up in our carol book.
  3. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

if you mean santa claus the movie then there is a really nice bit that is featured by the hor section in santaclaustrophobia
  4. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

actually it might be the euph section but either way it's a lovely tune
  5. Deano

Deano Member

Talking of "Giving" does anybody know if it has been arranged for band in it's own right.

Having rehearsed Santaclaustrophobia on Friday night for the first time, it got me searching for it as a band or solo + band piece with no success.
  6. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

No its the old one with Dudley Moore in. You don't hear very much of it unfortunately.
  7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

OK I'll still keep a look out in case it comes on TV over christmas.That's not a movie I have seen as yet!