Santa Claus is coming...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Straightmute, Jan 17, 2003.

?

When will Santa Claus arrive?

1. January 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. February 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. March 2002

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. April 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. May 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. June 2003

16.7%
  7. July/August 2003

16.7%
  8. September/October 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. November/December 2003

16.7%
  10. Some time in 2004 (please specify)

50.0%
  1. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Back in November I ordered some music from the glossy Warner/UMP catalogue (having perused it on their glossy demo CD).

Titles ordered included Santa Claus is coming to Town, and a couple of others which I hoped to include in our Christmas concerts.

I was in the shop yesterday (16.1.03) but it still hasn't arrived, and I began to wonder if the publishers had given any thought to when this music might be needed...

So here's a poll: who can predict when Santa Claus will arrive this year? The prize for the person getting nearest is a pint of what ever you can drink when the National Finals come to Harrogate in September 2004, assuming the music has arrived by then!!! :roll:

There's a serious point to this - it annoys me that something has been advertised and heavily promoted when clearly it isn't actually published or available yet. :x

D

2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Interesting..

of course, it might not be the fault of the publishers, but rather the postal service or couriers used.

I remember sending a euphonium back to Besson due to laquer bleed (one of 3 or 4 returns) and waiting for the replacement to arrive. After several weeks, we rang Normans to find out where the **** was our euphonium, only to be told that it had shipped 3 weeks ago.
    It arrived, eventually. The bloody thing was probably being used as a coffee table in some courier's store room in Wales until they could get the finger out and be bothered to ship it across the Irish Sea...

Maybe it is the publisher's fault, but maybe it's not..

Oh, and incidentally, we had to send that euphonium back as well.. :roll:

3. Straightmute

It's the publisher, according to my supplier.

D

4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

oh.. well then...

it was a good story anyway! ;)

5. hornblower

hornblower Member

I'm going for August 2003 as by then it will be baking hot!!! and not at all christmassy!!!!! :lol:

6. bigcol

bigcol Member

How much did the music cost?

7. Straightmute

Can't remember - I'm buying it from a music shop so thankfully won't pay until it arrives. If I'd paid up front I'd be screaming by now.

Still no sign, for those of you holding your breath...

D

8. Straightmute

'Santa Claus...' arrived today, the 4th February. So if anyone would like to loan this music - an excellent arrangement by Mark Freeh - or better still book the band for a Christmas Concert in the coming weeks - I'd love to hear from you.

Someone voted for February but chose to remain anonymous, so sadly no prize is awarded...

I learnt from the music shop that in spite of the heavy promotion of the Warner's band music catalogue last autumn, much of it is still unavailable.

Merry Christmas everyone! :?

D

9. six pints

six pints Active Member

i didnt read the post just voted. i thought it was 2004 now? am very confused. this is from ages ago? hw did i get here??? ahhhh!!

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Well, when a Man and a Lady love each other very much they have a special cuddle. Then 9 months later a stork drops a little baby under a gooseberry bush and the Man and the Lady look after it until it grows up, and teach it to play a brass instrument so that it can support them in their old age.
    BMB
    xx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    UMP
    Warner
    Christmas
    Santa Claus
    Town