Sang Till Lotta

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ditchda, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Ditchda

Ditchda New Member

I've been looking everywhere for the sheet music for the trombone solo "Sang till Lotta" and so far I can't find it anywhere. Any help? :confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sang till Lotta
    trombone solo
    Till Lotta
    sheet music
    ca
  3. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Just did a search on June emerson and found it straight away

https://www.juneemerson.co.uk/

Sandström: SÅNG TILL LOTTA ( Trombone Pieces H - Z )
    Instrumentation: tbn. pft. Grade: C
    Pub.ref: Tarro
    Price: £25.95

Hope that helps.

4. yorkshire_lass86

yorkshire_lass86 New Member

Can anyone tell me why this piece of music is so expensive. I mean, its a really really nice piece and all that, but it just seems a little over-priced for what it is?

5. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

My random guess is that the publishers were tyring to cash in after it was featured on Young Musician of the Year. However, I could be completely off the mark there.

6. Euphprechaun

Euphprechaun New Member

hey... have u bought that piece yet? i might be able to help!

7. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Nope, it was that price before Young Musician. I bought it about 2 years ago for my daughter to play and it had to come from Sweden (Kagarice) from the people who publish Christian Lindberg's stuff. It is all expensive from there and was difficult to get hold of in the UK. Much easier to get STL since Young Musician!

Worth noting that its also in bass clef - didn't matter to us but may do to the OP, but probably not as I just noticed its for a bass trom player!

Also, I think Pete played it in a different key on young musician (a tone higher) to the one its published in. Lots of 6th position stuff in the published key.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  8. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Yup there are two different versions, the original tarrodi which is lower than the other version. pete gave me a copy of the version he played so can verify that there are two different keys for the two versions.

9. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

who publishes the version Pete played? It seems to sit slightly better in that key (although both the recording I have of it - Lindberg and Hudson) play it in the original key which is the one I have got.

10. yorkshire_lass86

yorkshire_lass86 New Member

thanks for the offer but yes I asked santa for it (poor bloke had to sell lots of reindeer in order to afford me a copy of it tho! ;))

and very nicely Rhiannon plays it too :clap:

11. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

That was my other theory, but I didn't know how much it was before YM so couldn't comment.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sang till Lotta
    trombone solo
    Till Lotta
    sheet music
    ca
  13. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Im not sure, on the copy I have it doesnt list any arranger or publisher details so I cant be much help with that Im afraid... :S

14. Ditchda

Ditchda New Member

No, I haven't. I'm all ears! ;)

15. umchacha56k

umchacha56k Member

ive got it but not in the same key that pete played it in anyone know where to get that?