Sandy Smith contact

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hornblower101, Oct 12, 2003.

1. hornblower101

hornblower101 New Member

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if someone could tell me Sandy Smith's e-mail address, or how to get in contact with him? I have tried his Sandstorm website but it is under construction.

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Picked up his address and telephone number from IBEW.

Sandy Smith: 63 Delveswood Road, Beaumont Park, Huddersfield HD4 7AS
    Tel: 01484-648150

3. hornblower101

hornblower101 New Member

That was quick! Cheers. But before I bother him, I don't suppose anyone knows if he does private tuition?
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

pretty sure he does..
    his wife Kath might be on here somewhere...
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I'll give him a ring and find out!

6. 2ndhorn

2ndhorn New Member

This is the telephone number I have for Sandy Smith if you still haven't managed to contact him. 01484 340409
    This is different to the one given to you before.
  7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

While we're at it, does anyone know if the Catherall version of Evergreen he's recorded has been published? Its gorgeous......
  8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Won't it have been published by Alan Catterall?
  9. tenor_horn_18

tenor_horn_18 New Member

If you find out if the Catherall version has been published please let me know. Thanks. Can anyone help? Im looking for information about Leslie Pearson, who wrote Fantasy Variation, for my A-level, but cant find anything, does anyone know anything about him? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again x
  10. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

No he doesn't.

I gave him a ring a few years ago asking for lessons. And he said he didn't do private lessons anymore. :(
  11. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Try Martin Armstrong from Dyke. he certainly gives lessons
  12. fhnpt

fhnpt Member

I know these posts were from a couple of years ago but did anyone find out about the Evergreen horn solo?

I've had a look but can't find it, don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places!!!
  13. zak

zak Member

He is now registered on here as.... Sandy Smith!!!

Why don't you private message him and ask???

14. fhnpt

fhnpt Member

Good point don't know why I didn't think of that!!!
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I wouldn't contact Sandy Smith if Alan Catherall is the arranger of Evergreen ... :oops:
  16. fhnpt

fhnpt Member

Well i haven't been able to find it anywhere and all he can do is not reply.
  17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that it isn't published. The only version I've seen of it was hand written on manuscript paper. A shame as it is a lovely horn solo.
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- Derek Ashmore also arranged Evergreen and you can buy it here. I don't know what it is like as an arrangement though.
  19. flugelboy

flugelboy Member

if he doesn't do tuition why don't you try leslie howie or sheona white???or is that to far from you???