Salvation Army March - One by One

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mount Media, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mount Media

Mount Media New Member

Last night the band played a march entitled "One by One". The march didn't have a composer but i'm pretty sure it was written by J Pattison. Does anyone know if there is a recording of this anywhere. I have looked at and and they don't appear to have it for download.

Any help in tracking down a recording of this would be greatly appreciated
  2. conductor

conductor New Member

One by One

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remeber a hendon band recording wioth one by one on it Can't find it in my collection though if it was them it may be on a non SA recording that they did some time back I also think that Enfield may of recorded this on one of their old vinyls und Jim Williams.
  3. Mount Media

Mount Media New Member

Ok - I've been a bit of an idiot. But thanks Conductor for the help. I went back to and found the cd here. When I search for the march it says it can't find it. Case Closed!!
  4. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I can't help from the office but I'll have a look when I get home and check back here later (probably tomorrow for you).
  5. David Mann

David Mann Member

It's by J Pattinson Snr, published 1924, General Series no. 915, courtesy of Willi Erzberger's SA music index. Salvo Audio is a great site btw, saves me digging out my old LPs.
  6. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

You may be interested to know that Jack Pattinson was Bandmaster of Seaham Harbour Salvation Army Band, a few miles from Sunderland.

He was supported by my father, Robert Quinn, who was Deputy Bandmaster and Principal Cornet.

I met Jack several times when I was a young boy, and also found him to be a friendly and kind man.

7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

One By One has been re published in the Blue Favourites book No. 16 and in my opinion doesn't get played enough. It is one of my Favourites.