Saliva - uses.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Daniel Sheard, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Ive nearly completed collecting a new 5 litres of saliva from my 'bone. I simmer it on a very low heat until its reduced by about a third of its volume and then let it cool. Then add half the volume of coarse polenta and a tbs of glycerol. This makes an excellent facepack. I know it sounds weird, but it is an excellent way of using up excess spit rather than it going to waste.
  2. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

OMG you're not serious surely!!??
  4. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Sorry to disillusion you, but the majority of the stuff you've collected is not saliva at all - it's just water that has evaporated off the surface of your lungs and then condensed when your warm breath hits the cold metal - it's the same stuff that makes your breath into little clouds on a frosty morning.
  5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Thread of the Year.

No contest. :biggrin::clap:
  6. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

:clap: Hmmm - maybe we've stumbled on the next new bio-fuel! :lol:
  7. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Welcome to the twisted mind of one of my work colleagues. Note to self - always log out when going away for a few weeks.
  8. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Rubbish, it was you all along, stop denying it, we all know you're sad and daft :biggrin:
  9. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Now thats Funny :lol:. Im glad I have a laptop. It comes with me.
  10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

If that happens on Facebook it's called a 'Frape'. What's it called on here? a 'Mouthrape'?
  11. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

You should see my facebook page.
  12. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

You wana try playing when your saliva glands dont work...not easy!!
  13. still learnin

still learnin Member

Lucky really, could have been where you put your mouthpiece to keep it warm! :D
  14. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

The link that I posted above just happened to be something that I'd read that day. You might want to avoid doing a search for 'uses for saliva', especially on a work PC... :eek: