Sad passing of Neil Ferguson

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by JamesResurgam, Feb 18, 2009.

1. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

It is with the deepest sadness I have to report the passing this morning of Neil Ferguson, former chairman and soprano cornet of Granite City Brass. I have the most enormous respect for Neil; who was a true bandsman, gentleman, and one of those people without whom bands would cease to be.

Our heartfelt sympathy go out to Joyce and the family at their tragic loss, he will be much missed here in the North East of Scotland.

It has been my privilege to have walked a few steps on life’s way with Neil, and admire his indomitable spirit.

David W James

P.S. Funeral arrangements to follow.
  2. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I am very sad to hear this news. He was a lovely man, and a great asset to Granite City. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Neil was a dedicated bandsman who lived for his band.

My thoughts are with Joyce and family and of course all his friends.

Hard to think that just last May Neil and Stewart Gilmour played a duet with Granite City Band at the NCBBA Entertainments Contest. Now both of these fine young men are gone.

Both will be and are sorely missed.

Really gutted to hear this news.

He really was one of the nicest men that I have had the fortune of meeting.

I would like to pass on my depest sympathy to Joyce and all the family from Jill and I.

This is one of those times when the words just escape me. He really will be missed by so many people.

5. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Funeral arrangements:

Friday 27th February at the Aberdeen Crematorium West at 11.45am.

David W James

Thanks David.