Sad passing of David Bazeley

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bassinthebathroom, May 1, 2004.

1. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Sadly, I was informed this morning of the death of David Bazeley, a long serving member of the St. Dennis Band, aged 71. The Cornish banding community have lost a true character. Fun loving and dynamic, David was for many years a member of St. Dennis Band, but also spent a period playing at St. Austell Kernow Band (now amalgamated with St. Austell Town) where I had the privilege of meeting him for the first time. Ever the versatile bandsman, David played Tenor Horn, Eb Bass and Tenor Trombone during his time in the band, and I will always remember the occasion when we played next to each other on Les Preludes in the second section at the SWBBA contest - I was playing BBb Bass and David was on Eb Bass. I can only offer my most heartfelt condolences and sympathies to all at his family - both the Bazeleys at St. Dennis and the Minears of St. Dennis and St. Austell - aswell as those who are not connected with banding. He remained a true friend who was always cheerful and always made the time to stop for a chat. He will be sorely missed.

Iain McKnight
    and all at EYMS and Salford

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Very sad news to here.
    Condolences to the family and to the bands he was associated in, from all at The Leyland Band and the Cornish family.

3. Kayleigh

Kayleigh Member

What a character we are going to miss at St.Dennis bands. He was always a healthy, happy man. He loved helping out our youth band as Bass trombone and hes going to be sadly missed. God Bless Dave x

4. drunkandy

drunkandy New Member

As you are probably aware, we lost Jo Almack, our 2nd euph player a week ago, so can I send our bands deep condolences in such a trying time.

5. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

Just to let you know that the funeral will be held 10 30am this saturday at St Columb Major Church.