Sad news

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Unfortuantely I have some sad news.

Brian Hastings sadly passed away last week.
    Brian was the president of the EABBA, and was also a driving force behind the L&SC contests.

I'm sure all our thought and prayers are with Brian's wife Dianne and family at this sad time.

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yes, I remember him. Very helpful he was too, always. He'll be sorely missed.

Mods, perhaps this can be put on the thread where guests can send their condolences.

Regards

3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Brian was a true gent, always helpful and friendly even when harrassed in the middle of a contest.
    Deepest sympathies to his family at this sad time.

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Condolences to all his friends and family, from myself and I'm sure all at Flixton.

5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Without doubt the brass band movement has lost one of its finest with the passing of Brian.

His organisational skills for both the East Anglian Brass Band Association and the London and Southern Counties will be sorely missed. He was Chairman of both organisations and still managed to find time to play with Castleton Brass.

However what must also be remembered is his work in commisioning through the EABBA several new works for youth bands and also his work in producing a child safety policy.

The man was a true gentleman, a word often over-used but not in Brians case.

Our thoughts are with his wife Dianne, daughter Christine and the rest of his family at this very sad time.

6. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

May I offer sincerest sympathy from myself and all at Watford Band to Brian's family and friends. I didn't know him personally but know a number of people who did and know that he worked tirelessly for the brass band movement; he will be sorely missed.

7. Di

Di Active Member

Myself, Vickitorious and the Hathern Band offer our deepest symphathies to his family and friends.

I didn't know Brian, but having read thse posts, he was obviously very dedicated to the brass band movement and will be greatly missed.

8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

myself and all at bradwell silver band offer our deepest sympathies to brians families during this sad time.

9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.