Sad death of our own Oddbod, Keith Wardle

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by ploughboy, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I have had a message this morning, Keith Passed away in the early hours of this morning. Details of the funeral will follow when I have them.

I have played under Keith helping out at Stanley Newmarket, and had the pleasure of chatting band with him. He was a great all round guy, with a passion for bands and trying to take them forwards. I'm sure all those who knew him will truely miss him. An exceptional Gentleman.

2. flash harry

flash harry Member

A sad day indeed.

A top, top bloke who had bucket loads of talent. My thoughts go out to Mark, Thelma and Eric and family.

God bless...

3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

What a tragedy.
    Such a great guy with so much talent taken at such a comparatively young age.
    I valued his friendship and enjoyed playing under his inspired direction.
    Sincere condolences to Thelma, Eric and Mark.
    I shall miss him.

- Ian W.

4. joker66

joker66 Member

A sad day indeed.

Our thoughts go to his family and friends. Keith will be sadly missed

Liz

5. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

This is devastating news. A sad sad day.

My thoughts are with Keiths family

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Very sad news, this. I never met Keith personally, but I always enjoyed his contributions here. He seemed to be much liked and well respected and that says it all really.

My thoughts are with Keith's family

7. bumperman

bumperman Member

so sorry to hear this news. I didn't know Keith that well, only knew him through helping Kippax out at a couple of jobs last year but he seemed like an excellent chap and someone with a great talent in music.

My thoughts and the thoughts of everybody from the Wakefield Metropolitan Band are with Keiths family and friends at this sad time.

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Sad sad day, Keith was a brilliant musician and at times an inspired band trainer and conductor, also a true "oddbod" which was a big part of his charm. The period under Keith at Kippax when we were winning regularly was some off my happiest days in banding.
    Heartfelt condolences to Eric, Them and Mark.

9. postie

postie Member

Heard from someone in our band earlier about this knew that he wasn't very well but still sad to hear off his passing.

10. Brian

Brian Member

Oddbod

I have known Keith from his very early playing days at Thoresby; playing alongside him on several occasions.We always had long chats when we met at contests (usually in the bar) it was a great priviledge to have been his friend for all of those years, and had a marvelous night with him earlier this year at his party. I will miss him as a friend and his "oddbod"wit.My sympathies go to Eric, Thelma, and Mark

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Keith Wardle
    Oddbod
    Thoresby Colliery Band
    sad news
    Sad death
  12. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thinking of you

I didn't know Keith personally but have heard alot about him in particular the success he has had with Kippax.

I know that it is a very sad time for all who knew him including the many players in Pleasley Colliery Welfare Brass Band.

It is a great loss to the brass band world too.

We are all thinking of your Thelma Eric and family and offer our deepest sympathy to you all.

Helen and Dave
    and all players of Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band

13. Morton coles

Morton coles Guest

Keith

Eleanor and I,while on a visit to the UK, were devastated to learn last week of Keith's illness and today of his passing.
    Keith worked with us for many years and became a true friend and confidant
    eventually taking over the business when we retired.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with Eric Thelma and Mark and all at Servisbond.

14. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Keith Wardle

Rita and I are deeply shocked to hear of his passing. We became very good friends when we met through Blidworth Colliery Band, and had an enormous respect for his musicianship both as a player and composer. We had many happy hours discussing music, and the musicians that influence us both.

To Thelma, Mark, and Eric, our deepest sympathies at this tragic loss.

It has been my privilege and pleasure to have walked a few steps upon life's way with this extremely talented young man, and will treasure some wonderful memories.

God Bless you my friend.

David & Rita James

15. killer

killer Member

They really were "the best of times" ....... Thanks Keith.

16. kensar

kensar Member

A truly great loss to the brass band movement. Keith will be missed so much by so many. He always had time for you and your problems, always had something positive and usually witty to say. Top bloke.

17. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

Only met Keith a few times when I helped Kippax one summer when home from uni. Made me feel very welcome (as did the rest of the band) and he will be missed both in and out of the brass band world.

Deepest sympathy to his family.

Chris Lewis

18. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Bob & Wendy Woffinden

The banding world has lost a true friend. Myself and Wendy met Keith when playing for Kippax Band about ten years ago. We enjoyed our time with him. We have bumped into Keith at other times and he always had a smile. God bless you Keith. Thanks for the good times.
    Our thoughts are with Keiths family.

Bob & Wendy Woffinden

19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

So shocked to hear this news.

RIP Keith.

20. flugelman

flugelman Member

Couldnt agree more Butler. My thoughts are with Thelma, Eric and Mark at this sad time.

RIP Keith

21. paddo

paddo Member

absolutely gob smacked when i got the text yesterday telling me, still can't believe it.

Will be missed by all me thinks, top guy, top bandsman, thoughts to you Eric, Thelma, Mark and the rest of the Wardle family.

Mark & Joanne

RIP Keith

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Keith Wardle
    Oddbod
    Thoresby Colliery Band
    sad news
    Sad death