Sacré bleue ! That's French for "bye gum"!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by skimbleshanks, Oct 4, 2005.

1. skimbleshanks

skimbleshanks Member

Hi,

A bit about me...

Been out in France for the last four years and have now settled in Paris. Just got a new band going here called Brassage Brass Band. I also set up a brass quintet called Les Cuivres Du Lion (The Lion Brass Quintet, I know it sounds rubish translated into English but in French it works). I also play in a Concert band and in the orchestra of an amateur opera group (Yeah, I know, but Eb horn players have to diversify in a country almost void of bands). I'm also in the process of getting together a brass ensemble to perform John Rutter's Gloria with a choir and organ. Last year I also played with the brass band at the La Courneuve Conservatoire. So I'm pretty busy like! The position of girlfriend is vacant but I could only fit you in on Wednesday evenings :) Any takers? No? Oh well, didn't think so.

Best thing about living in Paris : The food. And being told by your doctor to put on weight. No probleme there then, the pounds are going on nicely :)

Worst thing about living in Paris : Living in an appartment block and having to practice with a silent brass mute. (I tried practicing in the basement but the residents on the top floor complained - eight floors above! now that's what I call good diaphragm support!)

Before that I was at Loughborough Uni and have played with:
    Freckleton Band
    Yorkshire Evening Post Band
    Leeds Youth Brass Band
    Leeds Junior Brass Band

and a long time ago with:
    Rothwell junior band
    Some band in Garforth
    Horseforth music center

Well that's about all.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Lion Brass Quintet
    French
    Paris
    France
    brass ensemble
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

bonjour dude!

hey ther skimbleshanks and welcome to tmp. congrats on setting up your band in Paris:tup