Ruthless

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ruthless, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

I thought I ought to properly introduce myself now that some of you have had the pleasure of my company over the weekend at Pontins.

I'm a cornet player (who would love to move onto Flugel) who has been playing since 1980 and am originally from the midlands. I started playing when given the chance to play violin at school, I obviously turned this down, was then offered trumpet lessons if Mum took me to the middle school for lessons each week (I was only 7).

My 1st band was Alcester Victoria Youth band and my 1st solo with them was Amazing grace, when I was not very old, at my local church!!

Since then I have played top chair for a range of bands from 4th section to Championship including Gawthorpe '85, Chapeltown Silver and Cottingham.

I am currently registered with Hatfield where I have recently been keeping myself busy on Rep. I have now decided to take a bit of a break from regular banding for a while to have a bit of a rest (those of you who know me well will know it has been a hard year).

I played with the first "Official tMP wedding band" and have just come back from playing in the Pontins 2005 Scratch band. It was ace and I'll be back!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm glad you've done your formal introduction!
    I do hope you'll post lots now, you did say you would afterall :biggrin:

3. rutty

rutty Active Member

Nice meeting you over the weekend Ruth :)

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Indeed... it was good to talk to you several times over the weekend Ruth. Look forward to reading your posts.

5. Key2207

Key2207 Member

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

may I extend an awfully warm welcome to you and wish you many happy hours posting away on tmp.

oh............ and wwwwwoooooooooooooooooo! :clap::clap:

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

HI Ruth . it was good to meet you at t he weekend.:clap::clap:

May your post count grow and extend (a little like my waisteline in the three years since ive been aglued to my screen here!):rolleyes::p:tup

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

yaaaaaaaaaaay ruth!! :clap:

hello! twas very nice meeting you on the randomised weekend most people have mentioned already...

:biggrin:

9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Hello you!!!!

Now I have access at work I think tMP should be VERY scared!

Rach x

(Founder of the tMP Wedding Band - and she nearly made me cry when she played me down the aisle!)

10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hey you guys might have met Ruth, but I got too sit next too her on the Sunday in the tMP band! Ooooh and ruth is a fantastic music stand aswell aren't you! :D:D:D was fantastic too meet you and too sit next too you ruth! :D:D:D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    some
    band
    ace
    cornet player
    company
  12. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Fi,

I hope you will do me the honor again, in the future, of sitting next to me

R

13. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

oh i will :D:D:D if you really want me too :D:D:D you do realise i was totally hungover on the sunday at pontins don't you? :tongue: actually i remember you saying 'you look how i feel' :tongue:

14. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

Ruth how many people did u meet at pontins!! ant spoke 2 u since pontins send us a pm n we can chat xxx