Russell Gray new MD at Kippax

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by andyfake, Oct 25, 2007.

1. andyfake

andyfake Member

The Kippax Band is delighted to announce the appointment of Russell Gray as its new Musical Director. The band would like to thank all those who applied and auditioned, for providing such an excellent field to select from.
    Russell spent many years at the highest levels of military music, before becoming conductor of the Darley Dale and Stannington Bands. He was most recently in charge at Wakefield Metropolitan, leading them to victory over Kippax at this years "Area", a pedigree perhaps not lost on the band's members when selecting who they wanted to lead them next year!
    Russell will take over from Alan Morrison immediately following the Pontin's contest and we wish him (and us!) every success.

2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

IMHO a smashing choice of MD.
    Last week, Russell took the band (Kippax) to an impressive concert debut at Brigshaw Arts Festival on only two rehearsals.
    From the moment Russell first raised his baton there was a mutual compatability.
    I'm really looking forward to this musical association - it just "Feels" right.
    - Wilkie

3. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

Good luck to you fellows with the new appointment.... Russell is a cracking gaffer... My first gi with Wakefielda couple of years ago was the Buxton contest and i did it on 2 rehearsals... Russell and I had a great rappor and you are in god hands there...

He is a fantastic coductor of military stuff (obviously...) and a great compere...

I was speaking to Russell recently at Harrogate and he told me that he was reallyhoping he gotthe Kippax job ... said he was looking forward to it also...

Best of luck to Kippax Band and to Russell Gray... (not that Russel Gray...!)

4. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Excellent news for Kippax.

Great to see Russell back again and i'm sure the band will flourish under him. Some of my best playing and most enjoyable concerts i have done were under him. I found Russell very good musically, he knows exactly how he wants the music to be performed.

Great news for both parties and i hope you have many happy years together!:clap:

5. agentorange

agentorange Member

Congratulations on a great appointment.

Russell really improved the playing standard at Wakey Met, something i'm sure he'll do at Kippax too.

Best wishes to Russell and to all at Kippax, heres to a long and successful partnership.