Rushworth new MD at Holme Silver

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DRG, Jun 20, 2004.

1. DRG

DRG Member

William Rushworth has been appointed Musical Director of Holme Silver (Disposables UK Group) Band.

Chairman Jonathan Kenyon said, "The Band has suffered a difficult period following the Area Contest with the loss of our Musical Director and one or two key players. I'm delighted that William sees the potential in the ranks and has agreed to work with us full-time to try and take us forward to new levels. His dynamic, motivational style has already had a huge impact on all the players and I sincerely believe he is the ideal man to take the Band forward. William's talents are always in demand and it is testament to our ambitious plans for the future, and our desire to work hard with him to deliver on those plans, that has enabled us to secure his services. With the quality of players round the stand coupled with William's talent and enthusiasm and the support of Trevor and Diane Storer of Disposables UK Group, we have every reason to be positive about the future ".

The Band has already enjoyed success under William's guidance on Whit Friday, with a third place at Greenfield Contest complemented by Local and First Section prizes elsewhere. This was followed up last weekend with a win in the march and hymn tune at Marsden March Contest, together with awards for Best Cornets, Best Euphoniums/Baritones and Best Basses. Earlier this week they were measured for new walking out uniforms, which should be with them shortly and will help cement the "fresh start" they are making under William's direction.

A few quality players are now required to complete the lineup and hopefully continue the successful start. Cornet (front or back row), Flugel, Principal Euphonium, BBb Bass and Percussion are required. Anyone interested in going along to see what the Band has to offer should contact Secretary Jonathan Kenyon (07944 018734) or MD William Rushworth (07876 134565). All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.

2. Frontman

Frontman Member

Well done Holme Silver, a hell of a choice of MD. Bill will make you work and that is what you have been missing. Drive and determination will make the band good again and a force to be recond with. Good result at Marsden I thought well deserved.

3. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

go holme silver!!
    mr rushworth is a FAB conductor so good luck to all of you :)

4. Toni2

Toni2 Member

Well done guys!
    Good luck for the future, I really hope this advancement helps you to get what you've wanted for so long and more than deserve!
    Toni xx :D