Rushden Town Band Club Fire

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by chrisvine01, Jan 2, 2006.

1. chrisvine01

chrisvine01 New Member

I've just found out that the Rushden Town Band Club was destroyed by fire last night. It looks like we've lost all the kit & music stored there. I can't believe it, but at least no one was hurt.

I think the only music we've got left now is our carol cards & the area test piece which Dad (the MD) had kept at home!
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- hopefully the bandhall (and contents) was insured for fire damage.
  3. chrisvine01

chrisvine01 New Member

yeah we're insured. Other bands have already offered help - Rushden Windmill & Harborough, which is really nice. We've got a concert in 4 weeks time so will have to borrow music for that. I think it will take ages to sort everything out & replace things though. Hopefully most players took their instruments home for the Christmas break but there are still some stored there (all the percussion etc). We are still meeting for a rehearsal tomorrow at another club which has offered us a room.

People can be really kind at a time like this
  4. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

This is devastating news and, obviously, an awful way to start the New Year.

I wish you well in your efforts to get back to normal.
  5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thats awful mate, If there is anything I can do to help just ask. I am sure all the Northants band will rally around for you so if you need any contact numbers let me know.
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

This is terrible news. Pete is a friend of my band (former soprano player I believe) and if you need to borrow any music to fulfil your concerts or need anything other assistance, give me a shout and we will endeavour to help in any way we can.

Best wishes from Ian and everyone at Wigston Band.
  7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Sorry to hear the news about this
    If you need help for music contact me by email or PM me
    Gresley Old Hall Band : We have a biggish libary with old pieces in just in case you had got any that were destroyed.
  8. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Sorry to hear about the fire at the bandroom, I think I rehearsed the band there on Pennine Moors some years ago.

If you will PM me your address I will send some music to you (more bad news), I also think that I have a set of RTB March so can send that too.

Hope everything works out OK.

Best wishes,
    Darrol & Rachael
  9. nut_nut

nut_nut New Member

Went to look at the damage for myself, the club has been gutted, roof and first floor missing. Look East reporters were out filming, should be on the telly later.

Thanks to all for offers of help and assistance, it's at times like these you appreciate the generosity and friendship of the brassband community.

Solo Horn
    Rushden Town Band

(p.s. I would just like to confirm that was not me trying to get out of playing a solo)
  10. stopher

stopher Member

Am really sorry to hear what has happened. If you need any music for the concert, post it on here and I know if my band has a set, we can send it on.

Had a loom on BBC wesbite -

Looks pretty horrific! Guess we should be lucky that nobody was seriously injured or worse!
  11. from Pete Vine, MD at Rushden Town Band

"Many thanks to all our friends & colleagues in the Brass Band community for their offers of help today. When I heard this morning that our club had been destroyed I thought that it would take a long time before we could function again. However, this evening I am almost overwhelmed with the support that we have been given from numerous sources. We already have the offer of a meeting room tomorrow (at the Rushden Athletic club) and bands from all over the country have offered to lend us music/instruments etc. Amongst our destroyed library were several manuscript arrangements by Dave Twitchings (who has kindly offered to replace these) & a specially commissioned piece "the RTB March" by Darrol Barry who has also offered a replacement. Tonight I have been to the Harborough Band library and borrowed enough music to give a promised concert at Barnwell Church on February 5th. We have a very busy few weeks in front of us, not only practising for the concert & the Area Contest, looking for a new rehearsal room but also preparing a large insurance claim! Fortunately, our hard working committee members (especially Dave Almond) have kept the kit inventory up to date - & more importantly had copies on a home computer. Our music library catalogue was also kept separate from the library - I recommend that all bands take note!

We are very sorry to have lost our club, but are also very grateful that no one was injured in the fire. However, we are mindful that the staff at the club now face an uncertain future & our thoughts are with them.

Thank you once again to everyone who has offered support
    Pete Vine"
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That's terrible news, but good to hear so many have come out to help with some really heart warming guestures of kindness.

I know we're a distance away, but I'm sure I speak for the rest of Emley band when I say that if there's anything we can do to help just give us a shout and we'll try our best.

Good luck for the coming year, I hope the rebuilding goes well.
  13. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Terrible news. If you pm me your address I can send you some music.

Simon Kerwin
  14. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I wish I was closer, as I would gladly donate my recently replaced Euph... since it's cheap, I doubt I could get much for it anyway, despite being so new.

Hang in there and don't let the future be so 'uncertain.'
  15. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Hi Pete. This is Lynda Fletcher of Raunds Temps. If there is anything we can do ie any instruments or music that you need please please give us a call. My mob no. is 07798 941870
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Hii Peter and Chris,

Sorry to hear the terrible news. If there's anything you need, please PM me, and we'll do our best to help.

Best wishes

From Di and all at Hathern Band.
  17. nut_nut

nut_nut New Member

First practice after the fire went well, the band were in good spirits. The first practices after the Christmas period are normally an anti-climax after all the festive concerts, however a never say die attitude has gripped the band and spirits are high. All the messages of support and offers of help are greatly appreciated and will hopefully carry us forward on into the year with great optimism.
    A special thanks to Harborough band for supplying some music at very short notice so that we can perform our first concert of the year in February

Dave Almond