Rugby League

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy Moore, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Are there any fans on here?
  2. agentorange

agentorange Member

Certainly is, but as a cas fan i'm not sure i should be talking to you this weekend!
  3. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Hull F.C.
  4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Wigan till I die.
  5. 1st Position

1st Position Member

And I had you figured as a Yorkshireman!!

They have made the best move of the season getting Brian Noble, definitely made the difference between staying up and going down.

Great result last night as well - long time since Leeds lost 5 on the trot.
  6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

No! I see my work here as being primarily in an educational capacity... Prior to moving here I was engaged in missionary work in the South. To my eternal shame I have married a southerner and fathered a Yorkshireman. :oops:

Yes, Brian Noble has worked wonders and in spite of all the problems this season I've really enjoyed watching them drag their way slowly upwards. Not safe yet but in a much stronger position than a couple of weeks ago. And interesting that Bradford also lost to London tonight - who next? - St Helens I hope!

Can you remember the last time Wigan played in the second division? I can, but only just!

Cheers D
  7. 1st Position

1st Position Member

It would be humbling experience to do it again though.
    As for the missionary work.....................:eek:
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

You need to contact one of our initial Moderators - Fishta - he was well into his rugby league, and though he isn't on tMP much nowadays (shame though, c'mon back Ian) I am certain he is still very much into his RL. :)
  9. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Are you going? I'll be the one in the Saints shirt ;)
  10. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Yeah I remember him; Wigan he was.
  11. agentorange

agentorange Member

'fraid not. I'll be at work doing a 12hour shift so i'll have to rely on the bbc/sport web page when the boss isn't looking! Don't think it'l be pretty viewing though.
  12. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

yes, saints until i die! but you knew that anyway andy :rolleyes:
  13. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

You weren't wrong. It was almost painful for us too; most of us have Cas as our second team.
  14. agentorange

agentorange Member

Wigan, Wakey and Quinns didn't do us any favours either!
  15. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

16. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Salford!! Give over!!

Though I suppose it's in keeping with your dodgy choice of football teams. :eek:

Hull, extendedtheir superb run of form yesterday - that's 15 wins from 16, and clear into 2nd.:clap: :clap: :woo :clap: :clap:
  17. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Nothing dodgy about either Salford or United! :clap:
  18. persins

persins Member

I'm much more of a Union fan myself but still enjoy watching league. Some of the attacking play and supportive line running is fantastic.
    I tended to follow Wigan only because they were the best at the time I became interested. I just enjoy watching anyone now though.
    Union players (especially backs) could and should really learn a lot from League.
    It will be interesting to see how Farrell does at Sarries this year.
  19. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

Cas Tigers for many years :rolleyes: ......although after the weekends performance I'm having second thoughts.

It'll be interesting to see whether they come out fighting next game, although in the present state they will be lucky if they can field a decent turnout capable of beating the many amateur sides around here :tongue:
  20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm not a rugby League fan as such, I can take it or leave it although I enjoy watching it when it's on the box, but I sort of follow the Huddersfield Giants, partly because they're so closely linked with the Huddersfield footbal club (same ground/owner etc).

Kind of hoping the Saints have a huge off day in a week and three days!! :-?
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006