Rudolph around the world

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ruthless, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Has anyone else had the pleasure of playing this new (?)arrangement by Darrol Barry?

We played it last night at the Christmas concert and it went down a storm. It is a briilliant arrangment of Rudolf in a number of international musical styles. I especialy liked Rudolph in Japan and Russia.

I know most peoples Christmas concerts will be over by now but this is certainly one to look out for for next year. A real crowd pleaser and something fresh to add to the usual Christmas Menu!!

Thanks Darrol for making me smile......:clap: :clap:

2. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Yes it's great (sorry hun, only just found the thread - work have blocked tMP grr grr mutter!) - tres cheesy but the audience loved it!

Rach x

3. Slide trombone

Slide trombone New Member

We are gonna play it this years Christmas concert. We played it on two rehursals and it's a great sound. You can visit our band at www.crescendo-elst.nl

4. chrisgs

chrisgs Member

Please tell me you're not playing Christmas pieces in October...

5. Slide trombone

Slide trombone New Member

really, we strated last week with the rehursals for this years concert on december 22nd. we only practise once a week for two ours. We are an amateur fanfare orchestra in The Netherlands with a lot of young people

6. andyp

andyp Active Member

If they're anything like us, they are that busy that they only have 8-9 rehearsals between now and Christmas, so yes!